Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bottom Line: Portis+Duckett= Dominating One, Two Punch

sketch1

You sure?

Absolutley, you can compare the G-Men for now... that is if Tiki can hold on one more year - since Portis is in his prime one would hope so, but its close.;)

Once Duckett signs the extension, the next 4-5 years is going to be misery for Redskin opponents on defense.

Too bad we don't have a dominating defense - oh wait we do. :cheers:

BTW Sketch great post - thing is people all around the country see what you are saying, its only local media that has focused on the draft picks and the "possibility" of TJ not signing.

Has anyone ever thought that Ladell laid down a hard bargain and wouldn't budge and that is why we brought in TJ? To save the future as well as the season - just as much a possibility...

Dominating?

Portis is good but nothing is scary about Duckett's patented 2 yard smash up the middle play.

So that's why the eagles wanted him... just kidding.

Seriously though, game on the line, 1yd from the endzone and your defense has to go up against duckett and sellers? I think they'd be a little nervous (or maybe just the coaches and all you fans would be;) )

When did I ever mention the Giants in my post?

The original poster said the best 1-2 punch in the ENTIRE NFL.

Well you didn't, I did. I think the giants have a good 1-2 punch.

On paper there isn't a better 1-2 than the Redskins, and paper is all any fan has right now.

So that's why the eagles wanted him... just kidding.

Seriously though, game on the line, 1yd from the endzone and your defense has to go up against duckett and sellers? I think they'd be a little nervous (or maybe just the coaches and all you fans would be;) )

Funny though isn't it? TJ has averaged a lot more than 2 ypc in his short career. And defenses stack the line every time he comes in. Other than the 2 months where he had the high ankle sprain I have a hard time remembering games where he didn't bust 8 yard runs at least once in a game.

Dominating?

Portis is good but nothing is scary about Duckett's patented 2 yard smash up the middle play.

But that Jones MB3 combination...now thats a runningback tandem to be feared. Duckett is going to plow through you guys in short yardage. You know you hate us getting better. Portis' shoulder can heal up and he won't have to bang it as much. You hate this trade because it makes us better than we already were than your trash runninbacks.

Dominating?

But that Jones MB3 combination...now thats a runningback tandem to be feared. Duckett is going to plow through you guys in short yardage. You know you hate us getting better. Portis' shoulder can heal up and he won't have to bang it as much. You hate this trade because it makes us better at a position where we were already head and shoulders above the cowboys.

Picking up Duckett was a good move!

Some of y'all might not remember the Redskins back in the '80's...They had two big guys that they could use in the back field: Ernest Byner and Gerald Riggs.

When I visualize Mike Sellers and TJ Duckett in the back field at the same time, with our healthy offensive lineman, WOW!

Does anyone remember Gibbs running a play called "Jumbo", back in the '80's?

Archived