Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Byner / Saunders: The Great Duckett Depth Chart Debate (Merged)

graffjd

One thing to keep in mind is that running backs don't really have as much to learn as the rest of the offense. No matter what scheme you're in, it's pretty much the same thing for RB's. You run through one of the holes in the OL. Of course it will take some time to get used to, but it is way easier for a RB yo learn a new system than a QB or WR. it shouldn't take Duckett too long to get the hang of it. im thinking that by the start of the season he will be ready, and then he will be named 2nd on the depth chart.

were all thinking old scool. there is no more second or third strings. its now packages. duckett is likely part of the short yardage package. if we need to punch things through we bring in a specialized crew for it.
:applause:

With OL yes there are defined "strings", with RBs (and others) no.

Why do people keep saying Rock is so indispensible on special teams?

The man had 11 tackles total last year.

Betts averaged more than 8 yards more per return than Rock.

Between Thrash and Jimoh, we have more than capable Special Teams players. I'd rather have someone with a bigger upside playing teams, instead of a half-ass fill-in.

Umm... I'm pretty sure Byner said it as that was where TJ was coming into camp as not as a prediction for the season opener, right?

No way we trade Betts now...Rock will be released..... Betts is a great #3....

Betts is not a great #3 because he wants to leave and make more money - if he wanted to stay he would have signed the extension, or approached the team earlier.

Betts wanted big time backup money, so the Redskins went and got a big time backup to give that money too - where Betts goes now is just a matter of time.

were all thinking old scool. there is no more second or third strings. its now packages. duckett is likely part of the short yardage package. if we need to punch things through we bring in a specialized crew for it.

:applause: :cheers:

Finally! What I like to hear. You sound like a coach my friend..

late to the party as usual. with cp's bad shoulder and betts hamstring trouble this seems like a nice insurance trade. duckett reminds me a little of the bus. actually wished there was some way he could have been a skin way back when he was drafted.

guess some wishes do come true.

Archived