Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Byner / Saunders: The Great Duckett Depth Chart Debate (Merged)

graffjd

Cartwright was not slated to get many carries in 2006, this is what is annoying to me about his sounding off.

before the trade it was supposed to be Portis, then Betts and then Sellers on short yardage and goal line.

Cartwright was designated as usual for special teams with the HOPE that there would be additional carries in the backfield.

But not only was it NOT a guarantee it also wasn't a strong probability.

Right now, Rock should understand where he is in the NFL hierarchy - he is a capable backup player who at 27 has to play ST well to remain in the NFL and earn a nice paycheck.

He will never be a frontline player who takes top billing. I know the Rams game last year raised his hopes of getting a chance to start in the NFL, but I don't see that happening in Washington unless some pretty amazing things occur in the alignment of the stars :)

As well as remembering the Rams game last year, don't forget the KC game

when Rock was brought in, first and goal at the one and fumbled. KC returned the fumble for a TD :mad:

Rock needs to learn his place. He is a STer par excelance. He is at BEST, an

emergency RB.

Duckett may be 3rd string for this preseason, that is what Byner proabley meant. We all know that Duckett will be ahead of Betts on the depth chart when the regular season starts. Byner is just trying to keep peace. Heck he proabley didn't want to bring a new RB in. This was all joe Gibbs.

Duckett may be 3rd string for this preseason, that is what Byner proabley meant. We all know that Duckett will be ahead of Betts on the depth chart when the regular season starts. Byner is just trying to keep peace. Heck he proabley didn't want to bring a new RB in. This was all joe Gibbs.

The only other RB that Duckett talked about when talking to Riggo was Clinton I think the RB who gets the shaft in all of this will be Betts.

And it doesn't take long for a RB to learn the offense. The only part he really needs to learn is blitz pick-up in the pass protection schemes, and that isn't rocket science. Besides that he just needs to be told to run left, right or up the middle.

Yeah, right. So according to you, I guess Duckett can just give Saunders 700 page playbook back to him then. :laugh:

Yeah, right. So according to you, I guess Duckett can just give Saunders 700 page playbook back to him then. :laugh:

Red Rio 22 Iso is the same thing for Duckett as White Rhino 22 Iso, so those 700 pages are significantly insignificant ( ;) ) for a running back.

Portis, Betts, Cartwright and Duckett will be on the roster come 9/11. Portis, Betts and CArtwright will be listed as HBs and Sellers and Ducket will be listed under FBs. I know Duckett isnt a fullback, but he will just be put there on the depth chart.

As well as remembering the Rams game last year, don't forget the KC game

when Rock was brought in, first and goal at the one and fumbled. KC returned the fumble for a TD :mad:

Rock needs to learn his place. He is a STer par excelance. He is at BEST, an

emergency RB.

The fumble WAS painful, but let's keep the record straight about the when's and where's. :)

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20051016_WAS@KC

2-3-KC25 (5:57)

R.Cartwright right end to KC 22 for 3 yards (C.Hall). FUMBLES (C.Hall), RECOVERED by KC-S.Knight at KC 20. S.Knight for 80 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

The importance of Duckett (at least in my mind) is being there late in the game when we have a lead and want to keep it.

When the Redskins go into shutdown mode and just pound the ball it's really important to have a bigger back that has fresh legs.

While Portis is more than capable of this we all see the toll it took on him last year.

We don't know at this point if Saunders is going to go conservative at some point, or just run up the score. I am interested to see how this plays out between him and Gibbs.

AL SAUNDERS said Duckett is the #2 RB according to a report on ESPN's Cold Pizza. He will be the primary backup to CP...:helmet:

Didn't Byner say he was 3rd string

UH OH the coaches can't agree trouble is a coming

Just kidding

More like Byner just got put in his place

If we are winning games, does it really matter?

First, tho, we have to win games.

Jason

I would tend to agree. Either way, let's not just assume this team will be in position to run the score up at all. Let's worry about them getting a lead first. :cheers:

Hell, Saunders might have been talking about how good Betts is during all of Training Camp to try to get his trade value up. You never know about these things.

Well, I doubt this trade for Duckett would have ever happened if Portis didn't get hurt. For all we know, the praise could have been legitimate. After all, Saunders couldn't have known the team would pick up Duckett.

Archived