Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor: Betts to St. Louis?

dgreen

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235032

How about Betts for CB Jermetrius Butler who the Redskins and Snyder tried to sign away in free agency a few years ago?

Then we replace Betts with RB Najeh Davenport another "U" player of Green Bay who is probably going to be cut next week?

Or Betts to Houston for CB-PR Phillip Buchanan, who Vinny tried to trade for last year.

Both Houston and Miami are looking for a backup RB. :paranoid:

The best thing would be to trade betts to the Jets - they need help more than anybody.

It keeps Betts out of the conference and I think they would part with a 3rd round pick in '07.

Translation: We get Duckett and don't have to lose much to get him.:applause:

We should trade Betts b/c Rock can stay healthy even if he isn't as quick as Betts is. We can't keep all of them. Wouldn't make sense. BTW, I like that sig at the bottom. I actually picked the skins to ORIGINALLY go 13-3, then I saw the Jets game and how we performed and considered 6-10. But after analyzing the game a little closer I realized our starting O and D did indeed do better than I originally thought they did. But it did seem pretty bad. So then I put my prediction back to 13-3 again. I hope it comes together and we go all the way.

HTTR!! :2cents:

I can just seeing the Jets offense on opening day...

Ramsey is barking out signals, Coles comes in motion and low five's Betts, then trips over Ramseys heel, then the refs throw a flag and blow a whistle...then Spurrier runs onto the field and says "what the hell is going on?"

Yeah but they won and looked tremendous in pre=season, :laugh: :silly: :laugh:

trade betts and patten

Amen to that.

Betts is a good RB, but Duckett is #2. It kills me to say that but anything else would be "homerism"...

Betts could be #1 in some places and #2 anywhere that doesn't have Duckett. That equates to trade bait.

again, it kills me to say it but its true.

Rookie coaches are not prone to parting with draft picks so it makes sense they would try to sign Davis instead of trading a pick for Betts. If it were a player for player trade, he might be more inclined to pull the trigger.

Jimbo, That is the BEST logic I have read on this board in a LONG time. It does make sense.

I agree 100%

Patten needs to stay after last year.....lets say 2 WRs get hurt, are you happy with Farris as a #2 or #3? We went after Butler before so who knows if he's expendable now...but Gregg will make Rumph a solid contributor as he has with several other no names at other positions and this guy is a #1 pick....plus Edwards puts Reed on the practice squad for sure.

Betts is versatile but doesn't have great trade value (for a high draft pick), inspite of what some of you guys might think. He's been nicked up every year he's been here, and 380 yards is around the most that he has ever gained in any one season. Most GM's know that he is a question mark if he had to be a starter over a 16 game schedule. I don't see any of the other 31 teams where he will get a big contract for starters money.

Our best bet to get something for him -- assuming he's difficult to resign -- would be to trade him for a good player instead of a draft pick.

I would certainly trade him even up for say CB Jeremetrius Butler of the Rams, who has starting experience. :D

Duckett is the more important player we have to resign -- a 25 year old Mike Alstott type player.

Betts is versatile but doesn't have great trade value (for a high draft pick), inspite of what some of you guys might think. He's been nicked up every year he's been here, and 380 yards is around the most that he has ever gained in any one season.

And how many carries has he had to accumulate those 380 something yards?? Not a starters helping. Only as a backup and fill-in

Yes his health remains an issue, but if he plays a full season in a starters role...he could be a very good back in this league

Actually the rumors I've been hearing are about Davis possibly going to St. Louis maybe Philly. I have not heard anything about Betts going to the Rams. Alhough I think that the idea of it is not so far fetched. Betts will probably stay put unless he makes a big stink about Duckett. Would you want to be Betts or Rock if you were playing behind two proven backs? This Duckett deal is huge for us. I refuse to start a new thread b/c the board has been inundated with posts on this and many other worthy yet "beaten to death" topics. But, I do believe that Duckett gives us a lot of depth and options especially in the system we are running now with Saunders. All good things will come from this recent acquisition I'm sure of it.

HTTR!

At this point after what Gibbs has said, the only way Betts would be traded is if he asked to be.

Take note of this quote. Betts will be a Redskin this year. I dont post alot, just kinda lurk and love the quick information posted on this site. If I see another trade Betts thread I may throw my computer against the wall. I will give you something worth talking about. I went to the Panthers-Dolphins game tonight. Quit worrying about who may be traded (all speculation) and match us up against Carolina when they come to town.

I know we generally do well against them ( thanks Lavar) but I feel they have added what it takes to give the Super Bowl a run. So whether Betts is here or not are we as good as them? I personally am looking forward to this game to se how we match up against the predicted Super Bowl champs

I agree. The Redskins and Carolina to me are the best teams in the NFC.

Seattle is in there. The Giants are in there. Perhaps the Bears if they get stability at quarterback.

Dallas I think will disappoint. Atlanta also. Philly will come back from 6-10 but not far enough to challenge Washington or NY.

At this point after what Gibbs has said, the only way Betts would be traded is if he asked to be.

Gibbs also said that we were set at the RB position a couple of hours before they made the trade for Duckett. You can't really trust anything he says to the media...

Archived