Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets talk a walk on the Sunny Side

tehhunter

I know that recently this forum has been overwhelmed with the chicken-littles proclaiming our regular season doom, but lets just look on the bright side of things:

1) Jason Campbell is playing very well still

2) Todd Collins fully redeemed himself in the second game

3) Starting defense still has played very well (After Griff came out so did a number of other starters)

4) Ladell played very nicely and could (if needed) be short-term replacement for Clinton

I know that the usual trend recently is to bash our weaknesses, but I'm sure, if only for one thread, we can all think of the positives as well. Try thinking of some.

Oh, and one more thing: Let the media hype up Dallas all they want; just more embarrasing for the Poke fans when they get sweeped yet again, and they have to go cry to Peter King to praise their failures.

I can't decide what's funnier -- the sudden whiny defensiveness of all the homers, or all the guys who were homers two weeks ago and are doom-and-gloomers this week. Us realists are right where we always were: excited about the season, expecting good things, but mindful of the obvious weaknesses (quarterbacking and depth) that could derail things.

I haven't seen anything in the preseason that would cause me to change my 10-6 prediction. Sometimes I think you guys are watching different games.

I wouldn't go so far as saying Betts played well...3 carries for what 10 yards? That doesn't really matter though...I just want him healthy to play Minnesota if needed.

3 carries for 10 yds is still a first down any way you slice it. Il take that. I also saw improvement from Kenny Wright who had a sack the first play of the game, and a tackle for a loss the second play. Between Wright, Battle, Rumph, Jimoh, and Preilou, I think we can manage without Springs against the Vikes. Ive also heard good things about Puccillo (Rabach's replacement) and Walter on the Oline. The sky might not be falling as fast as some would like us to think!

Thank God I got here before the whiners. As I have previously stated, everyone who "owns" a position has taken a step back in order to protect themselves from a pre-season injury. MNF is when we get to laugh at all the chicken littles.

I know that recently this forum has been overwhelmed with the chicken-littles proclaiming our regular season doom, but lets just look on the bright side of things: .. <snip>

Up yours Hunter!

The truth is that the Chicken Littles have taken over the joint and "you can't handle the truth!" :laugh:

Oh, and one more thing: Let the media hype up Dallas all they want; just more embarrasing for the Poke fans when they get sweeped yet again, and they have to go cry to Peter King to praise their failures.
The media doesn't have to hype Dallas up. They hyped themselves up and their fans with an impressive showing tonight against the Saints.

I wouldn't go so far as saying Betts played well...3 carries for what 10 yards?

Steven Jackson of the Rams had 4 carries for 10 yards, and most NFL mags have him as a top ten back. I think 3.3 yards a carry is alright, considering that the NFL average is 4.0.

The media's not hyping us. Remember T.O. is casting a dark cloud over the Cowboys. T.O. vs. Tuna. Doom and Gloom!

You know i hate to keep bringing this up but the majority of people in this chat haven't ever even seen Casey Bramlet play. I know that he is in a no win situation, with the famous TODD my arm might fall off it I throw the ball farther than 15 yards COLLINS playing the heart strings if you will of Al Saunders. But I tell you what and you can make fun of this and say what you want but a guy like Bramlet who is young and has a cannon for an arm could really help with the progress of JC who needs someone there to push him along after the other two QBs start to collect their social security checks next year. I think that mabey they should at least give him a legit shot at some playing time so that way he willl want to stick around on teh practice squad this year and then you will have a great back up QB next year. I mean its easy to teach a guy that is very similar to the starter. JC and Casey are very similar the only difference is the size of schools they came from. You may not belive me but trust me I know.

You know i hate to keep bringing this up but the majority of people in this chat haven't ever even seen Casey Bramlet play. I know that he is in a no win situation, with the famous TODD my arm might fall off it I throw the ball farther than 15 yards COLLINS playing the heart strings if you will of Al Saunders. But I tell you what and you can make fun of this and say what you want but a guy like Bramlet who is young and has a cannon for an arm could really help with the progress of JC who needs someone there to push him along after the other two QBs start to collect their social security checks next year. I think that mabey they should at least give him a legit shot at some playing time so that way he willl want to stick around on teh practice squad this year and then you will have a great back up QB next year. I mean its easy to teach a guy that is very similar to the starter. JC and Casey are very similar the only difference is the size of schools they came from. You may not belive me but trust me I know.

I agree I've seen him play with the high Wyoming winds, and only a little help from his O-line, and he was still passing up a storm. I know most of you think that Bramlet is a nobody from a small school, but he's really a talented player. And no, I don't just like him because he is from Wyoming, I like him because he can play ball.

I can't decide what's funnier -- the sudden whiny defensiveness of all the homers, or all the guys who were homers two weeks ago and are doom-and-gloomers this week. Us realists are right where we always were: excited about the season, expecting good things, but mindful of the obvious weaknesses (quarterbacking and depth) that could derail things.

I haven't seen anything in the preseason that would cause me to change my 10-6 prediction. Sometimes I think you guys are watching different games.

Great. Consicely post something 100% cogent and on target, and totally undermine the grumpy personna we've all come to know and love. :)

Heres a positive; how about our injured players are starting to get healthy again and CP is starting to do some light running, rehab on his shoulder.

and heres another one:

HOW ABOUT GIBBS PUTING THIS ORGANIZATION BACK INTO A POSITION WHERE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT PLAYOFFS, SUPER BOWLS ETC. (that damn sure wasn't the case for the last 11 yrs)

:point2sky

Archived