Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Collins Still Number Two?

Mr.Z

Is Todd Collins still winning the compitition for the backup job? The depth chart still has him at number two, which is really scary. I am glad he is there to make our offensive transition easier, but we have a rising star in Campbell, and if MB goes down, thats who I want in.

Someone give Collins a headset and tell him to adjust it to his size.

Collins is the #2 on the official depth chart because Gibbs doesn't want to put Campbell under the lights and pressure the kid while he is still learning the offense.

I guarantee you if Brunell is injured in Week 8 or 9 of the season by which time Campbell is better prepared to play, you will see #17 on the field.

I think it's obvious by how much play time Campbell got against the Jets that Collins is not the number 2 QB.

i wouldn't read too much into that...it was already scheduled for Campbell to be the "number 2" guy against the Jets. They are supposed to be alternating I believe. With that said though, I hope that Campbell is the "official" back-up come regular season

Isn't Collins slated as #2 behind Brunell against the Patriots and Campbell as #3? If the Patriots still have their #1 Defense in against Collins, this is going to be a very ugly showing..

True but Gibbs doesn't care. As long as Collins reads the defense, makes sound decisions and limit the turnovers he should walk off the field w/ some dignity. It'll be good to see JC do the same thing even against the 3rd stringers.

True but Gibbs doesn't care. As long as Collins reads the defense, makes sound decisions and limit the turnovers he should walk off the field w/ some dignity. It'll be good to see JC do the same thing even against the 3rd stringers.

I dont mind having Collins play, as long as he plays like the vet he is, and not some Junior Varsity scrub.

And I use the term vet loosly. He has seen as much field time as our friend Heath Schuler (remember him? Hullava pick)

Shuler...unfortunately I do remember him and he was alos a 1st round pick by Gibbs, correct?

Nope, that was norv turner, and there were plenty of great players to come out of that draft. Trent Dilfer was picked that year, but that wasn't who i meant. Imagine Issac Bruce a redskin. We passed on him Willie McGinist, Todd Steussie, and Arron Glenn.

In all fairness to good ol' norv, he sucks as a head coach.

The problem is Collins has been making bad decisions and turnovers. I think Campbell has to be our #2 but what the coach thinks is the important opinion. He has been right so far, so Ill go with whatever the coach decides.

Archived