Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peter King MMQB Skins Comment.

ConcordNCSkinsFan

k. For a team that thinks it's going to win the NFC East, the Redskins sure have a funny way of showing it. And the sooner Joe Gibbs goes to Jason Campbell, in this humble scribe's opinion, the better.

Personally I think the only reason King is saying this is because Parcells is in a similiar situation with Bledsoe and Romo sits to pee and King said on NBC last night that Parcells will start Romo sits to pee soon. King think Parcells is God and every coaching or personnel move he or Bill Bellichick does should be emulated by every other coach. The difference between Romo sits to pee and Campbell is that Romo sits to pee has been under the same Offense under Parcells for a few years.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/08/20/mmqb/3.html

lol oh no... looks like we wont be winning the battle for the preseason title in the nfc east. We sure do have a funny way of showing how good we are in the preseason. too bad we can't go back to the spurrier years where we were the preseason champs.

the Cowboys are not going to contend with Tony Romo sits to pee at quarterback, no more than the Redskins will be contenders with Campbell in 2006.

you don't win Super Bowls with first year starting quartebacks.

yes, Roethlisberger got close in 2004 and made it in 2005 but that is the .00001 exception to the rule.

Romo sits to pee doesn't have Roethlisberger's arm or his toughness and Campbell just doesn't look that comfortable out there yet.

Dallas and Washington starting first year guys at quarterback will be no better than 9-7, and that's with some breaks going their way.

Besides, King doesn't watch the games. Brunell's arm looked strong against the Jets, his deep in to Randle El was thrown on a rope. His sideline pass on the move was also thrown with authority.

Quarterback is not the problem with the Redskins right now.

The real problem is realizing that the team has some very good backups at a few key spots but overall the depth here is weak, especially on the OL and in the defensive backfield.

Hopefully, Folau, Posey and Rumph can come in here and revive their careers. This is as much as anything else will help the team.

I think the Redskins should hire King. They should keep him in a basement office with no windows or ventilation. The room will only be equipped with a two-way radio that can be used to ask Pete questions. The Redskins should then do the EXACT OPPOSITE of whatever the queen advises. At the end of the season we can euthanize the fat, useless bastige.

Seems like King want Campbell to be the starter. He most be seeing what some other Skin fans are seeing. If Brunell performs poorly then we will have a QB issue in Washington.

Brunell needs to be on his A game because if Ben can do it, then Campbell should have a chance. Hell we all must agree that Campbell has a stronger arm compared to Brunell and he seems to be a better player than Ramsey ever was here.

you are ignoring the interceptions and mistakes that Campbell has made.

it is nice that he has rebounded from these mistakes to play better as the games have progressed but in the NFL you can't spot the opposition a 7-14 point lead because your young qb is learning on the job and expect to win.

look at the stats in the NFL about turnover ratio and you will see that even one additional turnover per game reduces a team's chances of winning considerably.

younger quarterbacks tend to be interception machines, especially those with a strong arm that are trying to make the big play to impress the coaches.

Brady and Patroits did it.

To every rule, there's an exception. That doesn't mean you should tempt fate. The number of teams with first-year quarterbacks with losing records far outnumber first year quarterbacks who lead their teams to the Super Bowl.

Joe Gibbs, who knows more about football personnel than anyone, has declared Mark Brunell the starter barring a catastrophe of proportions that none of us want to think about. So, while I love JC, it is kind of pointless to make these suggestions when the only thing Campbell is fighting for is the backup spot. Why wouldn't he make a more professional, insightful comment on the game, like "though Archuletta recorded a sack, he has done little so far to show that he warrants such a hefty contract." See, PK? You can be negaqtive and still not sound like an ass.

Dallas and Washington starting first year guys at quarterback will be no better than 9-7, and that's with some breaks going their way.

I always thought this way as well; however, I believe our defense will be so dominent that all it will take is a QB who does not turn the ball over. Portis and our WR treo can score at least 17 points and the defense will not give up more than 17 unless turnovers yield field position to the opposing team.

In essence, I truely think Campbell or Brunell can take this team deep into the playoffs.

Joe Gibbs, who knows more about football personnel than anyone, has declared Mark Brunell the starter barring a catastrophe of proportions that none of us want to think about. So, while I love JC, it is kind of pointless to make these suggestions when the only thing Campbell is fighting for is the backup spot. Why wouldn't he make a more professional, insightful comment on the game, like "though Archuletta recorded a sack, he has done little so far to show that he warrants such a hefty contract." See, PK? You can be negaqtive and still not sound like an ass.

Didn't Gibbs declare Ramsey the starter last year?

Who cares what Peter King says? I sure don't, but I'll still give my thoughts....

As for the Redskins, they have looked bad. Now, I don't know if that will carry into the regular season, but for some reason, I do not think it will. That reason is that this is a Joe Gibbs coached team. He and his staff are evaluating players, and while we would all like them to look better by scoring more, getting turnovers, not turning the ball over, etc., I trust our staff to turn it up after Aug. 31st when regular season practice, game-planning, etc. truely begins.

As for putting Campbell in, he has looked promising, but he has thrown 2 picks and no TD's in about a game's worth of action.....While Brunell has 1 pick in about 25 plays. Both have shown good and bad. I'm waiting to see what Brunell looks like in Saunders real offense, not this extremely watered down version of it.

Archived