Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stephen Davis Coming Back To The Skins? (Merged)

DrBoogerLips

I'm not sure I would want him. Don't really know what kind of condition he is in (football wise) and even though he's been cleared, whos to say his injury wont come back and irratate him? All this is moot I guess because if they did get him then I guess he might be worth it.

Man, if they brought Stephen Davis here in a Gerald Riggs type of role, I would be all for it. It's unlikely that it will go down because we have too many RBs on the roster as is and too many people are nuts about Lumsden :doh:

I wouldn't bother with Davis. He's way past his prime.

But doesn't Gibbs have a history of getting running backs that are considered "past their prime" to perform at a higher level? I think if anyone could get Davis back into form, it would be this coaching staff.

But doesn't Gibbs have a history of getting running backs that are considered "past their prime" to perform at a higher level? I think if anyone could get Davis back into form, it would be this coaching staff.

Shhhh don't say that so loud. (Heisman Trophy winner) George Rogers and John Riggins didn't happen. : :silly:

That's the same RB that was trying to lure Edgerrin James here in the off season. I realize that SD is no EJ, but think Portis wanted someone else to help share the load. I think that we do have two or 3 adequate backups for C.Po, but the old school SD fan in me wants this silly thing to happen. It won't happen, but it would be so cool.

Davis is going to go to a team where he has a decent chance to get snaps.

Here with Portis on the field Davis isn't going to get many carries. Besides I don't know at this point that he is a better player at 33 than Ladell Betts is, given Betts' versatility in the passing game as well.

not only can the Eagles give him carries but they can afford to pay him more under their 2006 cap :)

besides, does anyone really think Davis is going to come back here after his departure during the Spurrier years?

Davis was pretty embarrassed when Spurrier basically told him the Redskins offense could be quite productive without him.

Davis laughed at Spurrier at the time and in the end was correct that the Ole Ball Coach didn't know anything about the NFL.

Trung Canidate was the worst running back the Redskins have started since I began watching the team in 1972.

wait didn't we have a running back that ran over 1500 yards last season?

:)

:applause: :applause:

Someone get this man a cookie.

I would only want Davis on this team if it was just to have him retire a Skin. Heck, I liked him so much that I'd even accept the idea of him being on the active roster for an entire year. We don't need him, though.

Trung Canidate was the worst running back the Redskins have started since I began watching the team in 1972.

Yeah the only good thing that could be said about Trung was that he was a beast and a half on Madden then year. I must've broke more 80 and 90 yard runs with him than anyone. :D

Archived