Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre Carter Watch 06'

dent19

I'm not even remotely worried at this point. Carter looked good vs. the Bengals and no one on our dline played that well against the Jets. He clearly hasn't been going full throttle quite yet, but he is making an impact. I can remember atleast two plays vs. Cincy where he shifted to the middle immediately after the snap and took a double team while everyone else flew right by practically unblocked to pressure Wright at QB. That's really all he needs to do. :2cents:

I'm not even remotely worried at this point. Carter looked good vs. the Bengals and no one on our dline played that well against the Jets. He clearly hasn't been going full throttle quite yet, but he is making an impact. I can remember atleast two plays vs. Cincy where he shifted to the middle immediately after the snap and took a double team while everyone else flew right by practically unblocked to pressure Wright at QB. That's really all he needs to do. :2cents:

Please review the game.. I have... those so called dbl teams were zoned blocking with the O making bad reads.... Also GW scheme is great.... Carter has bad technique.... watch the tape PLEASE...

Like i said, I hope i can eat my words. And I will follow him all year and report any progress.

This is all well and good if you also consider what he is doing for the rest of the line. Drawing double teams only frees up another playmaker ala Marcus Washington, Daniels, whoever it may be. When you evaluate, evaluate the entire impact. If he gets more than 1.5 sacks and 47 tackles he's an improvement to what we had last year.

It's also irrelevant what we paid him. We had the money under the cap, we used it, that's what it's there for. It didn't hinder us from signing anyone else and it won't hurt us signing anyone in the future.

Carter deos look slow. I talked about this earlier today in another thread. He did not once take an outside pass rush and beat anybody, not in 2 games. He seems to be protecting the inside run, but if we are going to give up 200 yards rushing per game then whats the point.

This is all well and good if you also consider what he is doing for the rest of the line. Drawing double teams only frees up another playmaker ala Marcus Washington, Daniels, whoever it may be. When you evaluate, evaluate the entire impact. If he gets more than 1.5 sacks and 47 tackles he's an improvement to what we had last year.

It's also irrelevant what we paid him. We had the money under the cap, we used it, that's what it's there for. It didn't hinder us from signing anyone else and it won't hurt us signing anyone in the future.

True money isnt the problem here.

And I will report on everything related to Carter.... Highs and lows.... i want to be wrong. If he has impact on others getting thru great "WE WIN".

But if I, the self proclaimed "couch film guy" can see his technique, what do you think the pros will see.

In fact before i started down this slippery slope, someone on another team now told me he was a bust.... I strongly disaggreed at that point. but i hadnt seen many SF 49ers games (why would i watch it last yr), and he played out of position.

Players not with Skins said of him as well as Adam A. we schemed our O last year towards them both. And it was just funny how we picked them both up in Free Angency....

Adam HAs good technique. not too worried about him.

Hey Dent, I didnt mean to come across rude in my post. I joke like that in person and realize it can get taken the wrong way on a message board. AC may be a step slow right now because he is trying to hard to fit in instead of just letting go and playing on instinct. 90,000 on Monday Night will add a little addrennalin to his side as well. :cheers:

I've also watched Brick in the Pre-season......WEAK, SLOW, LATE

He's been beat around the corner on most snaps until Carter.

You think Brick looks bad? Man what are you watchng? A rookie LT on a bad d-line...he has held his own considering that he has been in for a total of 2 NFL games....give the kid a break, he looked fine last week too.

Any D-END, even Julius Peppers gets blocked more times then not, of course all it takes is 1 time for an O-lineman to miss, and there goes most teams chances for a 1st down.

He did get 4 tackles and seems to be around the ball carrier on most runs. I think if anything he will only get better.

If we could predict how good a player will be during crunch time, in the regular season, after just watching 2 preseason games, why even watch the regular season games. I mean A.C. hasn't been dominated.

He may lose the battle 9 times, and then that 10th will be the game changer.

Didn't he force a fumble against the Bengals?

I've could of swore he's made some plays. He will only get better, just be patient guys. I mean he needs to play more at DE to really get comfortable. He can use his hands to make tackles well.

He had 4 against the Jets, which was the most of any of our D-lineman.

You think Brick looks bad? Man what are you watchng? A rookie LT on a bad d-line...he has held his own considering that he has been in for a total of 2 NFL games....give the kid a break, he looked fine last week too.

Please watch Brick in the other game. Forgot who they played. But he was beat on almost every play. Yes hes a rookie, it was his 1st NFL game,,,,, why couldnt Carter beat him in his 2nd game?

Any D-END, even Julius Peppers gets blocked more times then not, of course all it takes is 1 time for an O-lineman to miss, and there goes most teams chances for a 1st down.

He did get 4 tackles and seems to be around the ball carrier on most runs. I think if anything he will only get better.

If we could predict how good a player will be during crunch time, in the regular season, after just watching 2 preseason games, why even watch the regular season games. I mean A.C. hasn't been dominated.

He may lose the battle 9 times, and then that 10th will be the game changer.

Didn't he force a fumble against the Bengals?

I've could of swore he's made some plays. He will only get better, just be patient guys. I mean he needs to play more at DE to really get comfortable. He can use his hands to make tackles well.

He had 4 against the Jets, which was the most of any of our D-lineman.

Most of the time, like i said in original post, more times then most, he's blocked into a play. I hope you have a VCR or TIVO. If you havent seen the games more then once, and relying on your memory...... Please, Please watch it again.

He plays hard..... Just with bad technique. argue his technical approch and I will listen.

Our 1st 2 sacks in the Cincy game, A.C. drew doubles.

Really if you look again, there was not 1 designed dbl team against him. The gaurd opted to help out the LT just before the blitz came in.

I wasn't high on this signing to begin with. Carter's never had that first step that many of the top pash rushers have. And for all the talk about his flexability, he sure looks pretty stiff to me. He's got a high motor and that will keep him in plays, and will get him some "effort sacks." But I don't see him being the pass rush terror people expect.

Carter is gonna have a great year

all of you technique watching fools aside.

At camp he looked quick off the ball

Maybe he had a bad day

I'll go look at the film and grade him then get back to you.

I think it is possible they slanted him in so that they could overemphasize the run D and save some looks for regular season.

Carter is gonna have a great year

all of you technique watching fools aside.

At camp he looked quick off the ball

Maybe he had a bad day

I'll go look at the film and grade him then get back to you.

I think it is possible they slanted him in so that they could overemphasize the run D and save some looks for regular season.

Put him a sun dress and sandles......... His Technique is bad... you cant hide it, plan not to use it, or 'underemphasize' it!.... :doh:

Dude be real... I hope he is the truth.... i want him to get better.... until then... he's not.

The good Dr. prescribes a chill Pill.

A little mothers little helper to take the edge off the redskins anxiety.

Playboy, I'm not the guy who gets his panties in a bunch over the Skins.. I dont wear panties and they dont pay me to have anxiety.

I only stated the fact the guys has bad technique and i will be keeping a close eye on him the rest of the year... and i had urged you guys to pick a player and do the same.....

Carter to me looked a bit like Arrington nosing to the quarterback without much shake and bake to him.........just the one move trying to get to the outside and then collapse in, but nothing else.

But then again we are talking about perhaps 25 snaps where I have been able to watch him since the Bengals game and about 10-12 as a rusher.

We have a long way to go and again he may be holding something back for the season.

Note I haven't seen a lot inside from Griffin either in terms of stunts to open things up for him and get him to the quarterback faster.

Again, though, those are the things you throw at Brad Johnson in Week 1 :)

Archived