Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre Carter Watch 06'

dent19

Starting something new and i hope others follow. (please pick a player of your own)

Andre Carter.

I've been watching him a little bit too much because of a thread singing his praises.

He's a well conditioned guy, and an amazing looking MAN-BEAST.

Just my observation, (I'm sure i'll take a bashing for this)

and i hope i can eat my words, but this guy looks bad.

He always seems to be the last off the ball.

"OK IT'S JUST PRESEASON", I think we've all heard this enough.

You dont change your approch to technique for the Pre-season, Regular Season, "Playoffs", or Superbowl.

You either have it or you dont.

His hand skills, which are one of the most important attributes for a D- lineman can have, are as weak as i have seen in the NFL.

When he gets off the line, his angles are mostly too wide, stands too straight, drives too deep, too slow, with no power.

He seems to get blocked into making a play, which is good only when he makes the tackle.

He follows the play nice. After most plays you'll seem him diving at the feet of a tackle in progress.

He was in against Brick, and you will say brick was the 3rd pick, yada, yada yada......

I've also watched Brick in the Pre-season......WEAK, SLOW, LATE

He's been beat around the corner on most snaps until Carter.

He was even in the game late against the "J-E-T-S JETS, JETS, JETS", (sorry, been in NYC too long) third string practice squad hopefuls, and no change.

We paid him a big check. He's a 'Gibbs Guy'

I want this guy to be a difference maker for us.

I just dont think he can be.

You cant pull technique out your pocket when you want to.

Andre Carters technique stinks.

Like i said, I hope i can eat my words. And I will follow him all year and report any progress.

Starting something new and i hope others follow. (please pick a player of your own)

Andre Carter.

I've been watching him a little bit too much because of a thread singing his praises.

He's a well conditioned guy, and an amazing looking MAN-BEAST.

Just my observation, (I'm sure i'll take a bashing for this)

and i hope i can eat my words, but this guy looks bad.

He always seems to be the last off the ball.

"OK IT'S JUST PRESEASON", I think we've all heard this enough.

You dont change your approch to technique for the Pre-season, Regular Season, "Playoffs", or Superbowl.

You either have it or you dont.

His hand skills, which are one of the most important attributes for a D- lineman can have, are as weak as i have seen in the NFL.

When he gets off the line, his angles are mostly too wide, stands too straight, drives too deep, too slow, with no power.

He seems to get blocked into making a play, which is good only when he makes the tackle.

He follows the play nice. After most plays you'll seem him diving at the feet of a tackle in progress.

He was in against Brick, and you will say brick was the 3rd pick, yada, yada yada......

I've also watched Brick in the Pre-season......WEAK, SLOW, LATE

He's been beat around the corner on most snaps until Carter.

He was even in the game late against the "J-E-T-S JETS, JETS, JETS", (sorry, been in NYC too long) third string practice squad hopefuls, and no change.

We paid him a big check. He's a 'Gibbs Guy'

I want this guy to be a difference maker for us.

I just dont think he can be.

You cant pull technique out your pocket when you want to.

Andre Carters technique stinks.

Like i said, I hope i can eat my words. And I will follow him all year and report any progress.

In all fairness he was going against D'brickashaw Ferg.

the only negative out of pre-season is injuries

who cares if somone plays poorly,who cares if somone plays great.A great pre-season game won't mean jack in the regular season.

I think he's just describing his analysis of what he's seen of him. His technique should be sound be it preseason or not. And he thinks it's not.

I never truly felt he was worth what the Skins were giving. I think he's good but time will tell if he provides at least a decent pass rush. Even if he can make the QB throw the ball before he wants to. I get the feeling that Phillip Daniels is still our teams' best DE. Daniels can at least play the run and rush the passer. Not that he's great either but he's adequate. Hopefully Carter will turn it on come regualr season.

I would have to say its to early to say one way or another. I really dont know what is the right stance or the wrong stance for a D. end to line up in, but I would guess there are more correct ways than 1. I trust the decision the coaches(blache&williams) made on the defensive side of the ball. Its just to early to say :2cents:

I do appreciate your thread dent19. It was well thought out and a good Idea.

At times I have noticed Andre Carter being VERY slow off the line. He is often noticeably the last guy off the front.

Other times I have noticed that he picks up a double team.

He may be still getting used to coming out of the 3 point stance, but he does look very bad so far. The good news is that Demetric Evans is a beast.

At times I have noticed Andre Carter being VERY slow off the line. He is often noticeably the last guy off the front.

Other times I have noticed that he picks up a double team.

He may be still getting used to coming out of the 3 point stance, but he does look very bad so far. The good news is that Demetric Evans is a beast.

I agree about Demetric. He really impressed me last year and he plays with some attitude. I like evans.

Remembering back to when Gibbs was here before...we didn't really do go in preseason in those days either. Then...the season started, and boom...the Skins were off to the races.

I've always wondered if Gibbs takes his 1st teamers aside and has some little speech like this..."Guys, we know what you can do, and how good you do it. Don't show your stuff in preseason games, and don't risk injury because you are trying to make great plays, just play the game, enjoy yourselves, we are here mostly to evaluate those trying to make the team."

I'm not worried about the defense. Williams knows what he doing. His guys will be ready come opening day. As for the offense, my only concern is how much time will they need to get it all together? I still think that although it may take awhile to get it going good, it will still be better than last year.

I think some of you are putting too much stock into what you are seeing in preseason games. Past experience from Gibbs teams has always shown that the preseason really doesn't tell us much.

And have you ever noticed that the teams that finished near the bottom in the previous year put a lot into preseason and really do good in those games, then they start losing again when the season starts...while the good teams evaluate their new talent during preseason and tend to lose and look a little sloppy, only to win when the season is under way?

Quit worrying guys. Even if things don't go our way this year as we are all hoping, the team is building and moving in the right direction. Oh...did I say quit worrying? Just relax and enjoy the adventure of Joe Gibbs rebuilding the Redskins. Let the game come to you...quit overanalying every little thing...trust in our coaches, we have one of the best staffs in the league...oops...the best staff.

ENJOY THE RIDE!

GIBBS IS BACK!

nUFF sAID!

I agree about Demetric. He really impressed me last year and he plays with some attitude. I like evans.

there are many positives. i know we're in for a great season, baring injuries.

Campbell, Brunell, Moss, ARE, Lloyd look great... O-line i like...

AA at safety looks a lot better then i thought. Hope our 2nd-3rd teams make progress.....

LB and D line worries me. But the scheme should help them out there. DB's will get killed if they dont play well.

im not running for cover with this thread.

JUST WATCHING CARTER

"Guys, we know what you can do, and how good you do it. Don't show your stuff in preseason games, and don't risk injury because you are trying to make great plays, just play the game, enjoy yourselves, we are here mostly to evaluate those trying to make the team."

I would not be happy if this is how Joe Gibbs talked to his players.

"Guys, we know what you can do, and how good you do it. Don't show your stuff in preseason games, and don't risk injury because you are trying to make great plays, just play the game, enjoy yourselves, we are here mostly to evaluate those trying to make the team."

I would not be happy if this is how Joe Gibbs talked to his players.

if this was the case. starters would only be out for warm ups. if carter is playing well into 3rd qtr... and still loooking bad..... go figure

From what I saw of him...he didn't impress me much either, cept for his motor. I hope that changes...we need it...pressure is still mostly comming from corner/safety/linebacker blitzes.

Thanks, forgot to mention the guys motor runs non syop and thats a big plus. And he seeks out the acton... all be it late.... he never stops....

People are really acting this way over barely one freakin half of football? The guy has barely played two quarters as a skin, what the hell do you expect?

Good technique...... Basic skills......

im the first to say "its pre-season"

that has nothing to do with basic technique....

i.e......JC isnt looking like Manning.... But he has great technique.

Ladell isnt Portis ....But he has great technique.

Holdman, McNtosh, Havner... aint Lavar..... But they have great technique.

thats what i expect.......you?

Archived