Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre Carter Watch 06'

dent19

Carter to me looked a bit like Arrington nosing to the quarterback without much shake and bake to him.........just the one move trying to get to the outside and then collapse in, but nothing else.

But then again we are talking about perhaps 25 snaps where I have been able to watch him since the Bengals game and about 10-12 as a rusher.

We have a long way to go and again he may be holding something back for the season.

Note I haven't seen a lot inside from Griffin either in terms of stunts to open things up for him and get him to the quarterback faster.

Again, though, those are the things you throw at Brad Johnson in Week 1 :)

point taken... i just dont see the technique... scheme wise will be fine.... im sure him being the ManBeast he is will have an effect. And i didnt want to say he was like LA.... thats still my boy ... but true :doh:

Good technique...... Basic skills......

im the first to say "its pre-season"

that has nothing to do with basic technique....

i.e......JC isnt looking like Manning.... But he has great technique.

Ladell isnt Portis ....But he has great technique.

Holdman, McNtosh, Havner... aint Lavar..... But they have great technique.

thats what i expect.......you?

While I agree with some of your assessment on Carter, Jason Campbell's technique is not great. He throws off of the back foot entirely too much. I like him and think he's looked good but despite having a cannon arm, throwing in a weakened position leads to picks, like the one he threw against the Jets.

Since we are talking about technique, why don't you describe wide variety of technique it takes to succeed as an NFL DE.

While I agree with some of your assessment on Carter, Jason Campbell's technique is not great. He throws off of the back foot entirely too much. I like him and think he's looked good but despite having a cannon arm, throwing in a weakened position leads to picks, like the one he threw against the Jets.

Since we are talking about technique, why don't you describe wide variety of technique it takes to succeed as an NFL DE.

1. DE needs first to be able to get off the line with the ball.... Not as i've noticed , a half step behind everyone-else on DLINE.

2. All the great DE have had success because of their 'Signature Moves'. Most have ways of making contact to get the T off balance, guessing where he's going and how strong the contact will be. Speed Rush, Bull Move, Hammer, Spin out......

3. Good hand movement..... This guys hands go straight every play and get caught up in side where T can pin him in.......

4. Drive, Motoring, and Ball awareness... AC has......

This is just the basic stuff...and i didnt mention foot skills.........

I live in Philly, so I've seen all of their preseason games, and Darren Howard has unfortunately really impressed thus far. I understand it's probably an unfair comparison at this point in AC's game, but what kept us from looking at Howard? Are their deals anywhere similar?

I was hoping to see that kind of explosiveness from AC too.

dent19, I noticed alot of what you originally commented on also, although it is obvious to me that you spent alot more time watching him than I did.

I am just hoping that he is waiting for the regular season to turn on all of the skill jets and we will see the beast that we all are hoping that he is.

dent19, I noticed alot of what you originally commented on also, although it is obvious to me that you spent alot more time watching him than I did.

I am just hoping that he is waiting for the regular season to turn on all of the skill jets and we will see the beast that we all are hoping that he is.

Me too... I guess he'll turn it up for the next 2 Pre-season games... Lets hope

Archived