Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ade and Christian Morton

Ricky Ervins

With all the new signings, just wondering where Ade and Christian Morton give in.

Anyone that posts on this board should no by now that Ade Jimoh is going to make the team. The good news is he actually flashed some potential as a CB last year (he was always good on teams) and didnt get burnt once that I can remember.

Secondly there is Christian Morton, who played for the Falcons before us, and has looked great in camp from reports. Furthermore I think he was our best backup defender on the field last sunday.

Now you add in Springs, Rogers and Wright and you have 5 CBs. On top of that you have Julian Battle and Mike Rumph. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out and how many CBs we end up carrying on the team. Rumph might have an advantage bc he can play safety as well.

Springs

Rogers

Wright

Jimoh

Rumph

Those 5 will stay. I think Battle and Morton may be waived, unless they show enough to the coaches in the rest of the pre-season to make the team.

I agree with your list but I think Morton might make the team as a CB and Rumph as a Safety.

At one point didn't we carry only 4 CB's last season?

I doubt they do that again, but outside of Rogers and Springs I think it is up for grabs. Jimoh's best chance rest with Danny Smith and any impression he can make on Coach Gray. So he is in the same spot as everyone else. And don't be so quick to count out Dimitri, he was at least active for one Sunday for us last season.

I like rumph as a saftey too, and putting Doughty on PS or maybe cut all together, this would give us Pierson and Rumph as back-up safeties, both can fill in at corner as well, that gives the team the option of only having 4 CBs if it really wants to keep extra depth at Rb to make room for lumsden or Wr to make room for espy

I like rumph as a saftey too, and putting Doughty on PS or maybe cut all together, this would give us Pierson and Rumph as back-up safeties, both can fill in at corner as well, that gives the team the option of only having 4 CBs if it really wants to keep extra depth at Rb to make room for lumsden or Wr to make room for espy

I think this is a good point. How many SSs do the Skins need? 2 at most, especially since Taylor could easily shift over and play SS in case of a lot of injuries. Archuleta, Prioleau, and Doughty can all play SS. Prioleau is the only one that might be able to slide to FS. So, really, Rumph and the other big CBs may be considered at FS as well.

However, it's tough to tell who will make the team. I would guess, besides Springs, Rogers, Taylor, and Archuleta, the players to make the team will be Wright, Rumph, Prioleau, Morton (looked solid on Sunday), and Jimoh, with Doughty and the other DBs on the bubble.

Having a logjam in the secondary is a good problem to have.

With C Rogers dinged and Springs already dealing with recovering from surgery being overcrowded at that position reduces those Maalox moments.

Having big corners that can also play safety as well as improve special teams brings a smile to my face

Ade Jimoh just SEEMS to me like the type of Joe Gibbs player who is going to have a big year as either a nickel back or spot starter.

Players tend to have renaissances of sorts under Gibbs and he's a PRIME candidate. He does a lot of things well and the coaches must love him.

I liked what I saw last year too. Thought he had really made tremendous strides. He may end up being this year's Ryan Clark

I think Morton will make the squad as well.. remember he did get on the field last year some... and as said above he was one of the best defenders last week on the field when the reserves where in... he made a nice tackle and looked decent... mind you against their reserves but we still need that depth.....

Archived