Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A.R.E. being slammed on Sportscenter

Avic

After last night, I would worry more about the person who has to get the ball to ARE than ARE. Brunell looked liked he just came off vacation or something. The interception was just not necessary. He is a veteran, and should have known to throw the ball away at that point. The receivers are just fine. It's preseason, but Cincinatti sure looked better to me the Washington.

I have a feeling the players are in for some hard practices this week. The offense must start gelling and playing together. Brunell needs to his crap together and realize he can lose his job if he continues to look the way he did Sunday night.

Preseason isn't for proving our star veterans and whether or not they're worth the money, it is for testing unproven players to see who will make the team, especially the first game. Coaches know what ARE and Lloyd are capable of, they are not going to showcase their talents in preseason and risk injury. Minn. will see what our offense can do first game of the season, but Coach Saunders has said it will take quite a bit of time for the offense to to run smoothly.

Have patience...good things will happen. This year may not be all that we want it to be, but I still think it will be good. A lot depends on how fast the offense comes together, injuries to key players, and turnovers. Last night was scary...lots of injuries, lots of turnovers. Philly was done in by injuries last season, it can happen to any team.

You just brought me down from my "homer high". thanks a lot! j/k

But you are right. injuries can destroy any teams hopes, ala watching portis on the sidelines with a separated shoulder :(

GC

After last night, I would worry more about the person who has to get the ball to ARE than ARE. Brunell looked liked he just came off vacation or something. The interception was just not necessary. He is a veteran, and should have known to throw the ball away at that point. The receivers are just fine. It's preseason, but Cincinatti sure looked better to me the Washington.

I have a feeling the players are in for some hard practices this week. The offense must start gelling and playing together. Brunell needs to his crap together and realize he can lose his job if he continues to look the way he did Sunday night.

Brunell looked good last night. That interception was made by him throwing the ball away, but releaing on his oof foot. It is something that I'm sure he will have worked out by Sept. 11. He made some excellent throws last night, and for the most part, looked like he and the starters had their timing down. Cinci had their starters in for most of the first half. Our starters were done in less than half of the first quarter. Cinci's O only gain 19 yards on our starting D. That does not make them look better to me.

Do people still watch that bloated fluff-fest called "SportsCenter?!"

Heck .. if I want sports news, I'll get it in a more targeted format (like ExtemeSkins for example), not the 90-minute SC fashion of two football stories, two baseball, two badminton, two bowling, two cricket, two tennis, two golf, two midget wrestling, two football, ..! :rolleyes:

Archived