Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Espn Insider: Observations From Redskins Camp

Hooper

It should be exciting. Like any team, we need to get "lucky" with no significant injuries, but we may be explosive this year in the first half and run the ball in the second half!

I don't get the sense that Saunders is a run out the clock type of guy...if we explode on the front half, I think he'll deliver a serious knock out punch in the second...that foot should stay firmly planted on the accelerator provided we don't put ourselves at any additional risk of injury..

:redpunch:

By the way, just curious...but are any of these training camp reports for any of the teams ever negative (in a realistic way)??...I haven't read the other reports yet, other than skimming over one for the Ravens and Rams (at least I think they were training camp reports, and not just normal articles)...both sounded like they were putting a positive spin on whatever they could (The Ravens' offense has swagger! The Rams really like new coach Linehan!). So I wondered if that was par for the course, for these TC reports to basically be positive, good-spin reports for the fans...and that the Skins just made Smith's job a helluva lot easier because there was little in need of spinning...

*EDIT: Ok, apparently the articles I read about the Ravens and Rams were indeed just that, articles, not TC reports...read Smith's first paragraph of his Ravens report (which, btw, also sounded optimistic and positive)...can't read the rest cuz I don't have ESPN Insider...

who crapped in your wheaties? cut a brother some slack..

I bet $200 at 13:1 on the 'Skins to win the Super Bowl, and $40 on them to win the NFC Championship Game at 4.5:1 (as a hedge). I've never bet anything on the 'Skins before.

I certainly don't feel the need to aplogize to anyone about my optimistic evaluation of the team, but I do feel compelled to remind people that absolutely nothing has been accomplished yet and injuries are and will always be a major factor in determining how we go.

By the way, just curious...but are any of these training camp reports for any of the teams ever negative (in a realistic way)??...I haven't read the other reports yet, other than skimming over one for the Ravens and Rams (at least I think they were training camp reports, and not just normal articles)...both sounded like they were putting a positive spin on whatever they could (The Ravens' offense has swagger! The Rams really like new coach Linehan!). So I wondered if that was par for the course, for these TC reports to basically be positive, good-spin reports for the fans...and that the Skins just made Smith's job a helluva lot easier because there was little in need of spinning...

Training camp reports by and large tend to be fluffy and positive. First of all, none of the team, including the worst of them, have actually done anything wrong in a game as of yet. But I also think the media has a vested interest in drumming up enthusiasm for something that they're going to heavily report about over the coming 5-6 months.

I bet $200 at 13:1 on the 'Skins to win the Super Bowl, and $40 on them to win the NFC Championship Game at 4.5:1 (as a hedge). I've never bet anything on the 'Skins before.

I certainly don't feel the need to aplogize to anyone about my optimistic evaluation of the team, but I do feel compelled to remind people that absolutely nothing has been accomplished yet and injuries are and will always be a major factor in determining how we go.

Don't feel compelled to remind people that injuries happen...I doubt anyone here forgets that very real fact. The "Don't get too excited because (fill in the blank) could go down with an injury" mantra really serves no purpose.

Training camp reports by and large tend to be fluffy and positive. First of all, none of the team, including the worst of them, have actually done anything wrong in a game as of yet. But I also think the media has a vested interest in drumming up enthusiasm for something that they're going to heavily report about over the coming 5-6 months.

Their training camp reports aren't drumming up interest, though...that interest would be there--and would be high--even if they didn't report on squat. They report on training camps BECAUSE there's already such a high enthusiasm, not so that they can generate some...

you've made my point exactly...why do you feel compelled to suck all the optimism out of the thread? Can't I enjoy my breakfast with out you taking a dump in my cereal?? That's why I ask, who crapped in yours?

And why do you feel compelled to bring up your betting prowess?? to show your optimism and/or enthusiasm? Well, if we're sharing, I pay $8k per year for a pair of season tickets and fly in from San Francisco for every home game....come by and say hello...section 40, row 3, seats 1 and 2....that's around the 30 yard line (on the right side), redskins side...

Didn't Buges coach the Cardinals for a few years in the 90's?

Doesn't that make 4 head coaches on the coaching staff (including one of the greatest of all time) Three Defensive coordinators, three offensive coordinators. And TALENT. Watch out. I don't care anymore. This will be an unbelievable season! I'm starting to think the coaching staff may be able to over come a Brunell or Portis outage. I really do.

Archived