Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arrington out for Pre-season opener

Taylor 36

"All of the Arrington lovers who bashed our defensive coaches and Snyder for letting/forcing him to go, may now realize what the hell was really going on. Sad to say, but his playing days numbered."

1) Gibbs tried to get him to stay...or...per the norm...is historical reconstructionism going on?

2) Arrington has his faults....the team will survive and propser without him. But to be quite honest.....you all are appalling. I hope you all develop some health issues that keep you from earning a living or doing what you love. I will be the first on the board gloating! You folks will understand right? It's what you are!

Do you even know what "Sad to say" means? Does that sound like gloating? What is appalling is you can't tell the difference between someone saying that they are happy we didn't keep Lavar and someone wishing him harm. Just because someone has the opinion that Lavar isn't the same player that he was doesn't mean that they don't consider him to have been a valuable member at some point. I friggin loved Sonny Jurgensen but I'm pretty friggin happy he is no longer our QB. Is that appalling?

"All of the Arrington lovers who bashed our defensive coaches and Snyder for letting/forcing him to go, may now realize what the hell was really going on. Sad to say, but his playing days numbered."

1) Gibbs tried to get him to stay...or...per the norm...is historical reconstructionism going on?

2) Arrington has his faults....the team will survive and propser without him. But to be quite honest.....you all are appalling. I hope you all develop some health issues that keep you from earning a living or doing what you love. I will be the first on the board gloating! You folks will understand right? It's what you are!

There have been about 100000000 posts reagrding people wishing ill to other players. I will be the first to say " I told you so" when it comes to Arrington, but that never meant I wished him an injury or illness.

But this is sweet redemption for having to listen to the media talk about how great LA is going to be for the Giants, Redemption for listening to every F-ING commentator last yr talk sh** about williams not playing LA. this staff knows whats up and I will trust what they have to say, but for awhile now, fans and the media have been high on this punk who is just that... a punk!!!! Half of the ES members were talking crap about Williams who brought our D Back!!!! LA did not in case you all were wondering... we were terrible when he was in the limelight.

LA gets what is coming to him.

I sincerely hope hes playing when we meet twice this yr though... watching him get beat like a red-headed step-child is making me smile.

Dont insult my favorite coaching staff EVER and dont insult the organization that I have been following my whole life, he has crossed the line far too many times and that's all I have to say about that.

Oh please. Lavar has plenty of dough, whether or not he ever plays another down. Very few here are wishing Lavar ill will. They're just not surprised he's injured, and glad he's gone. Pull your head out of you keister.

2) I hope you all develop some health issues that keep you from earning a living or doing what you love. I will be the first on the board gloating! You folks will understand right? It's what you are!

I just can't understand some of your posts sometimes man. I don't think anyone, and certainly the poster that you quoted is wishing injury or health related issues on Lavar. He was simply saying that perhaps Gibbs and Co. knew what they were doing when they presented him with the option stay and rework or give us some signing bonus back and be free from your contract.

Your posts are quickly going from bizzare in logic to down right classless :doh:

As this thing unfolds, Ernie Orcasi (sp?) is going to develop a bigger and bigger ulser.

His competency as a GM is going to be seriously in jeapordy.

Zoony Ernie Accorsi signed Arrington for nothing if he never plays another down we can cut him and we take hardly no cap hit at all.

His contract is based solely on production and if he has none he has no money. Brilliant move by Accorsi actually

Bone on bone, people. He failed that Dolphins physical for a reason.

Hooper

You made that up or you mixed up Curtis Martin reports with Arrington he has swelling in his knee. Have you guys ever had a knee injury or surgery the swelling is usually just scar tissue. It will probably swell after activity for the rest of his life just something he will have to deal with. As far as the severity of swelling I don't know but the Giants have been hit so hard with injuries the last 3 years they are being very cautious with all are players.

Oh and I don't think he took a physical with the dolphins either?

Zoony Ernie Accorsi signed Arrington for nothing if he never plays another down we can cut him and we take hardly no cap hit at all.

His contract is based solely on production and if he has none he has no money. Brilliant move by Accorsi actually

I'm not going to speculate whether or not signing Arrington was a good move, but Accorsi could still come under fire for the decision despite the cap-friendly contract if things don't work out. Signing Arrington meant they decided not to sign somebody else. If he is unable to play, the cap is irrelevant to the fact that they are without an outside linebacker.

I'm not going to speculate whether or not signing Arrington was a good move, but Accorsi could still come under fire for the decision despite the cap-friendly contract if things don't work out. Signing Arrington meant they decided not to sign somebody else. If he is unable to play, the cap is irrelevant to the fact that they are without an outside linebacker.

Not really they pursued no one else and most thought he would sign with somebody else anyways. We got the LB in the draft they wanted and we already have Torbor on the Strong side in case Arrington does not play.

Torbor has started and played very well for us already.

Not really they pursued no one else and most thought he would sign with somebody else anyways. We got the LB in the draft they wanted and we already have Torbor on the Strong side in case Arrington does not play.

Torbor has started and played very well for us already.

Then why go after Arrington to begin with?

Then why go after Arrington to begin with?

Risk vs. Reward

The reward of signing him was worth the risk, if he plays a good portion of the season at full strength. If he gets healthy he is one of the better run stopping/pass rushing LBs in the league.

If he never gets healthy we take virtually no cap hit at all

Risk vs. Reward

The reward of signing him was worth the risk, if he plays a good portion of the season at full strength. If he gets healthy he is one of the better run stopping/pass rushing LBs in the league.

He'll be full-strength. The only problem is his full-strenght is no longer what it used to be.

He has certainly never been one of the better run-stopping LB's in the league. We lost games because of his mental weaknesses in against the run. Only one season was he particularly known for his pass-rushing. That was four seasons ago. Everything with him has been based on things he has done either in college or his first 2-3 years.

Archived