Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Loser Turner presents Aikman to HOF

Chief skin

Figures that Norv Turner would introduce Troy Akiman to the Pro Football Hall Of Fame

I mean, he did enough to help the Cowboys, both as the Cowboys offensive coordinator AND as the head coach of the Redskins :doh:

this has got to be the dumbest series of posts I have read in a long, long time.

you're almost all disrespecting Aikman. it's a personal relationship that is symbolized when a presenter sets the stage for the honoree. what's hard to understand about that?

bash NT as head coach in threads dedicated to that theme. but this is flat out childish. It was Aikman's day. his choice. his expression of who played a seminal role for him.

save the acid for when it counts. this is just silly.

What are you talking about? The thread focus is not about Aikman. It's about Turner which is clear from the first post. I may have missed them but where are all the posts showing Aikman disrespect? The thread is CLEARLY about Norval with Aikman as a sidenote. In fact there isn't one single post saying anything but good things about Aikman.

As for Turner, I'm sorry you feel so protective of him. He is a big boy who has made millions and millions of dollars at something he is proving not to be very good at. Turner is from all accounts a very nice guy and an honorable man but he is a bad football coach. He has been involved in exactly two playoff games (both 1999) since he was carried by Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith and Company in the early 90s.

"Just like Bush, never his fault."

more irrelevant BS. but while we're on the subject...what...pray tell......have you done to help with national security? or are you in stands on this one just like with the Skins?

Keep your political thoughts out of the football conversation. I just can't understand people like you.........:doh:

Not talking about you fansince62. I'm talking about Andyburd.

Just curious' date=' how come Jimmy Johnson is NOT doing the presentation for Aikman (Ailman)?[/quote']

It must be the special relationship they had in Troy's single days. ouvan59 mentions it in his post:

Turner should have dropped down a given Troy a hummer right there.

I feel sorry for the already pathetic 49ers and Alex Smith.

I too think that Norv was not a good HC but I think he was a pretty solid coordinator. If Aikman, who deserves to be in the HOF, wanted to be introduced by him then so be it. If you watched any of the ceremony, Norv inspired Aikman and he was moved when he talked about him.

I am a die hard fan and have a very sound dislike for the Cowboys but there is no need to hate on Norv because he wasn't a good head coach. Lets have some class on things like this. HTTR!

:applause:

I agree- lets give credit to where credit is due- if Aikman says that he owes much of his winning to turner, then so be it. Also- anyone see the speak that Harry Carson gave- wow, what an oratator!!!

:applause:

what we need to see next year is Art Monk getting inducted!!!! :notworthy :cheers:

This is not about Aikman those of you knuckleheads who can't comprehend what you read. I thought the title of the thread made that crystal clear. Aikman was a good QB and deserved to be in HOF. Turner is an average OC at best, and a horrible HC.

I think part of the feelings here carry over from the other thread regarding B-Mitch blaming the loss to the Cowboys in the '99 opener on Norv not wanting to run up the score. I think Mitchell was out of line saying that. First, Norv is not the only Redskins coach to blow a 20-point lead against the Cowboys (see Joe Gibbs '83). Second, Mitchell should've remembered his rookie year, when the coach of the Lions tried an aggressive offense with a big lead in the 4th and it backfired, allowing the Skins to come back and win (see Wayne Fontes, '90).

I think part of the feelings here carry over from the other thread regarding B-Mitch blaming the loss to the Cowboys in the '99 opener on Norv not wanting to run up the score. I think Mitchell was out of line saying that. First, Norv is not the only Redskins coach to blow a 20-point lead against the Cowboys (see Joe Gibbs '83). Second, Mitchell should've remembered his rookie year, when the coach of the Lions tried an aggressive offense with a big lead in the 4th and it backfired, allowing the Skins to come back and win (see Wayne Fontes, '90).

While this is true it was the exception with Gibbs not the rule. You can't tell me that if we were down 10 points at halftime that you weren't still confident that the Skins could still win the game. Conversely from 1994 to 2000 halftime leads meant nothing. Norv's legacy is snatching losses from the jaws of victory. His teams are guaranteed to do something stupid in the last two minutes. He was the king of getting hopes up only to have them crushed. It wasn't just games that were blown in the 2nd half either, it was seasons.

His first three seasons with the Skins he gets a pass but every season since then has crashed and burned:

1997 - 7-1 start only to finish 2-6 and out of the playoffs

1998 - 6-4 start only to finish 8-7-1 and out of the playoffs

1999 - Even in his crowning season the Skins blow a 13-0 4th quarter lead to the Bucs to end the season.

2000 - 6-2 start only to crumble and get fired at 7-6.

And it wasn't solely reserved to his Redskins career. Now obviously you can't blame all of this on him since he wasn't head coach but...

2001 - Chargers start season 5-2 only to finish 5-11.

2002 - Dolphins start season 5-1 only to finish 9-7.

2003 - Dolphins start season 4-1 only to finish 10-6.

2004 - Started swoon early w/ Raiders after starting 2-1 lost their next 5.

2005 - Raiders started season 3-3 only to lose 8 of the last 9.

naw broa!!!!! The man gave us 7 of the most miserable, and i mean MISERABLE years in franchise history. Here's breakdown of your boy's tenure here.

1994 3 13 0 5th NFC East --

1995 6 10 0 3rd NFC East --

1996 9 7 0 3rd NFC East --

1997 8 7 1 2nd NFC East --

1998 6 10 0 4th NFC East --

*1999 10 6 0 1st NFC East Won Wild Card Playoffs (Lions)

Lost Divisional Playoffs (Buccaneers)

2000 8 8 0 3rd NFC East --

*only year to make playoffs

Once a Cowgirls always a cowgirls. I think that he was paid off by Dallass while here to suck.:logo:

You are a very angry person. Eagle fan?
I don't see eye-to-eye politically with fs62, but I won't stand for anyone to speak so disrespectfully to a die-hard Redskin fan. "Eagle fan" my arse! fansince62 is a long-time board member who bleeds as much burgundy and gold as anyone. Take it back, you cad!

I don't see eye-to-eye politically with fs62, but I won't stand for anyone to speak so disrespectfully to a die-hard Redskin fan. "Eagle fan" my arse! fansince62 is a long-time board member who bleeds as much burgundy and gold as anyone. Take it back, you cad!

Sorry dude, but I made a statement, and I thought he got too worked up about it. I was trying to be funny, not curse or get anyone politically upset. I am sorry if I offended anyone. It just seems sometimes people get too defensive about anything you say, we are all fans of the same team, right? HAIL

Archived