Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB Overview...Scrimmage

seancarter

8 Brunell - To me he looked extremely accurate, and made great decisions. Spread the ball out well. Favorite target was Cooley today. Cooley tore it up! Although just warm up, I'm excited to have him as our starter...He is light years ahead of Campbell and Collins. I can think of only one pass that was a little to high in the corner of the endzone.

15 Collins - Looked ok, had some nice thows in there. Some that went straight into defenders hands...should've been intercepted, but weren't.

17 Campbell - Was quick on his feet, felt as if he held the ball too long though, may just be me. Throws with a tight spiral, and most of the time very accurate(not as accurate as Brunell was today) Had some very pretty passes that were placed perfectly ex. an out to I believe Epsy. Then some weren't as great. On a dump off, he threw it extremely short, the receiver wasn't even able to touch the ball.

Gibbs said that Collins and Campbell will battle it out for no.2, and that he would get alot of playing time in preseason. Our D looked great as usual, Washington with the INT for a six! Thats about it from me, oh yea...that hit Sean Taylor put on Mike and Ike was a great way to start D! One more thing Arch said that he was jealous of Taylor because he showed him up today, and that they will use competition to drive eachother through the season.

:dallasuck People sitting in my section near the Skins Endzone.....we had a great "COWBOYS SUCK" chant going on!

A lot of folks were complaining about Campbell's play. But we have yet to see him with the first team receivers.

Or more importantly, first-team blockers. Jim Molinaro almost got him killed last year in the pre-season game against the Ravens.

Perhaps it's on purpose though to get Campbell to throw the ball on time, instead of being as deliberate as he could with the first stringers out there.

Or more importantly, first-team blockers. Jim Molinaro almost got him killed last year in the pre-season game against the Ravens.

Perhaps it's on purpose though to get Campbell to throw the ball on time, instead of being as deliberate as he could with the first stringers out there.

This is very true. I was a little dissapointed we didnt ge tto see any of the first team offense in the contact drills. Probably for the best though.

Campbell did not shine like we would all hope he would, but I did not think he was too bad. He puts some nice touch on the ball and, overall, seems to have really good accuracy. He definitely throws a nice, tight spiral.

I wish I could just get a real, solid description of how Campbell is coming along. Word usually is either that he's got potential, throws good tight spirals, and is fairly accurate, and just needs further work with the playbook, or he's too indecisive, holds on to the ball too long, and underthrows a little too often. I'm sure it's some kind of mix there, but really some people are really positive when they describe him and others are more than a little down on the guy. And being roughly 800 miles away I can't see him live at any point to judge myself, but some people on this board get me a little worried sometimes.

Good to hear Brunell looking sharp and fresh though, I really think Gibbs is going to try all out to keep him as fresh as possible until the start of the season- Mark certainly needs it. Even better to hear about the defense coming up huge, especially Gibbs' quote about Sean already "rockin and rollin."

Archived