Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roy Williams Extension

Redfaced21

wow you can spin

so a eagle fanis more knowledgable than Pete Prisco a paid football write

and Prisco point is wrong because it means nothing to YOU :thumbsup:

the defense rests

Wait a damn minute! Where am I... in Oz or something. Since when does es let alone bubba give credence to "a paid football writer?" If I didn't know any better I would say bubba does a whole lot of spinning, whinning, flip flopping and back-peddling?

So Bubba do you think AA is a better strong safety than RW?

I think AA is a better overall safety

I think several safety's are better than Williams

I think Williams is a big hitter, and a good player at getting turnovers, but he gets beat in coverage deep too often, and he plays out of position or takes bad angles, allowing his man to get unnecessary extra yardage.... and despite the perception he is an "so called" elite Safety is is just good.

wow you can spin

so a eagle fanis more knowledgable than Pete Prisco a paid football write

and Prisco point is wrong because it means nothing to YOU :thumbsup:

the defense rests

Respected unbiased knowledgeable Eagles fan specifically says AA isnt anywhere near RW.

Prisco says RW is decent and is overrated.

Both are opinions.

One specifically addressed RW vs. AA.

The other speaks only of RW.

Youre opinion is that AA is better than RW and use Prisco's opinion as support for your statement that AA is better than RW.

Go figure. :whoknows:

Passizle you want us here! Just ask Bubba and tr1. They crave for us to be here. I dare you guys to make the "around the NFL" forum boring for Cowboy fans. You guys love us. Promise me there WON'T be two new "fishing" Cowboy threads NOT started by Cowboys fans within the next 24 hrs and I'll personally leave forever... well maybe for a day but you get the point. :silly:

I have no problem with you! I enjoy the friendly banter. Especially watching you and bubba go back and forth. It makes my day sometimes. Its just the afformentioned Cowboy homer that spues heresay and opinion and a bunch of nonsense. then he dodges questions and changes subject so fast you cant keep up. I wish he would take a few days off.:cheers:

I think Williams is a big hitter, and a good player at getting turnovers, but he gets beat in coverage deep too often, and he plays out of position or takes bad angles, allowing his man to get unnecessary extra yardage.... and despite the perception he is an "so called" elite Safety is is just good.

Youd make the argument that Omar Stoutmire was better than Williams if he was in Washington.

It's useless to argue.

Prisco said Williams is only decent and he is overrated.

Therefore, Archuleta is better than than Williams.

BubbaLogic.

Learn it.

Love it.

Live it.

Quote: Originally Posted by THEHEREAFTER

I have a question for ALL skins fans. If you could snap your fingers and have Roy Williams as your starting STRONG SAFETY tommorow would you do it? Your choice would be to accept Roy Williams or refuse, say no thanks and just roll with AA? Keep in mind that ST is still your FS so were talking about a safety tandem of Roy Williams AND Sean Taylor. What's your answer? :munchout:

I'll bite. I'd take whoever my coaches wanted. If Williams wanted Roy, then Roy. If Williams wanted AA, then AA.

Wait a damn minute! Where am I... in Oz or something. Since when does es let alone bubba give credence to "a paid football writer?" If I didn't know any better I would say bubba does a whole lot of spinning, whinning, flip flopping and back-peddling?

:laugh: spin spin spin

ignore the point

spin spin spin

I was merely pointing out his absurd notion that a fans opinion was better than Prisco's to settle this debate... simple because eaglelegendz agreed with him. The is nothing to suggest he has any credibility to better informed than Prisco.

I Like ELand all, and no disprespect to him... but come on :laugh:

Okay, if that's your true opinion, I can respect that. So would it be safe to say, based on this statement, that you would presently prefer to have AA as your starting SS over RW? Can I make that conclusion Bubba?

Jerry Jones after 7 years of ownership: 3 SB titles, 4 NFC title game appearences, 5 11+ win seasons, 4 NFC East titles

Danny Boy after 7 years of ownership: Not so much...

There's your tangible evidence

And what's Jerry's list of accomplishments after he stopped being an owner (paying checks) and became the GM (making football decisions that affect the team)?

If I could put aside my hatred for the cowboys for a few moments, then I would probably want to see Roy and Sean together in the backfield. But, my hatred for the cowboys trumps logic in some cases.

Statistically and physically, Roy is a better saftey imho than AA. But, AA in Greg Williams' scheme, I believe certainly make some special things happen.

Quote: Originally Posted by THEHEREAFTER

I have a question for ALL skins fans. If you could snap your fingers and have Roy Williams as your starting STRONG SAFETY tommorow would you do it? Your choice would be to accept Roy Williams or refuse, say no thanks and just roll with AA? Keep in mind that ST is still your FS so were talking about a safety tandem of Roy Williams AND Sean Taylor. What's your answer? :munchout:

I'll bite. I'd take whoever my coaches wanted. If Williams wanted Roy, then Roy. If Williams wanted AA, then AA.

:doh: :laugh: No no no my friend. YOU'RE on the hot seat! You're the GM/Coach! You're THAT guy! What do you do? Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Don't be scared man up and answer. Bubba has stated definitively that Brandon Lloyd is a better receiver than Terrell Owens so go ahead... no worries! :fingersx:

:laugh: spin spin spin

ignore the point

spin spin spin

I was merely pointing out his absurd notion that a fans opinion was better than Prisco's to settle this debate... simple because eaglelegendz agreed with him. The is nothing to suggest he has any credibility to better informed than Prisco.

I Like ELand all, and no disprespect to him... but come on :laugh:

It has NOTHING to do with EL.

Thats still where the confusion lies with you.

Sure, Prisco is a respected writer.

Hooray.

But all he says is that RW is decent and that he is overrated.

Yet, somehow, you rely on that to justify that Archuleta is better than Williams.

Like I said, BubbaLogic.

:doh: :laugh: No no no my friend. YOU'RE on the hot seat! You're the GM/Coach! You're THAT guy! What do you do? Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Don't be scared man up and answer. Bubba has stated definitively that Brandon Lloyd is a better receiver than Terrell Owens so go ahead... no worries! :fingersx:

I'll bite too. If I had to make that descision on the fly and I only had footage and stats to go by... then the choice would be clear. I would have to go with...

So if I can borrow your logic for a second, isn't st Patrick Craytons biotch? :whoknows:

You mean the time when crayton caught...then dropped that first down pass in the 14-13 loss when ST put the fear of God into him? You know the first down that would have prolonged your drive AND put you in field goal range to win the game at the last second. The pass that when dislodged by Taylor went flying 20 yards back.

Yea it still stings.

Am I the GM or the coach? In the Redskins current system, thats not the same thing. Anyways if I'm the coach then I'd make the decision and take RW, with the hope being that I can fix his flaws since hes still relatively young (assuming AA and RW cost the same of course), that and that ST could mask some of his flaws. Brandon Lloyd better than TO? Crazy talk

Youd make the argument that Omar Stoutmire was better than Williams if he was in Washington..

I did when where.... another perfect example of a poke fan spinning reality to avoid the issue. I stated exactly why I think AA and other safety's are better than RW... address that... but don't put words in my mouth I NEVER said or posted

It's useless to argue...

yes it is but if you tried to debate... maybe you would get farther

so far your only responses have been I am wrong, others think different, a fan's opinions is more important than Prisco's, and snide comments about me

not once did you address my points of RW problems. Poor coverage skills, poor tackling, bad angles at times, and out of position giving up too much yardage.

Prisco said Williams is only decent and he is overrated.

Therefore, Archuleta is better than than Williams.

yet another perfect example of a poke fan spinning reality to avoid the issue. :laugh:

I stated why I thought AA was better, when asked for a link to my opinion, I gave you one that backed up my opinion, since anyone with any common sense knows you can't have a link into someones thought process.

again putting words in my mouth

BubbaLogic.

Learn it.

Love it.

Live it.

at least I try to use logic.... :)

If I could put aside my hatred for the cowboys for a few moments, then I would probably want to see Roy and Sean together in the backfield. But, my hatred for the cowboys trumps logic in some cases.

PRICELESS! Just one of these is worth months of torment, ridicule and bubba on this site. :lift: :jump:

Archived