Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roy Williams Extension

Redfaced21

I have a question for ALL skins fans. If you could snap your fingers and have Roy Williams as your starting STRONG SAFETY tommorow would you do it? Your choice would be to accept Roy Williams or refuse, say no thanks and just roll with AA? Keep in mind that ST is still your FS so were talking about a safety tandem of Roy Williams AND Sean Taylor. What's your answer? :munchout:

Truth is that Roy Williams has played and still is playing on a pretty good Defensive team. AA didnt have nearly the talent your team has on D!! How about I answer your question next year after I see AA in our system with GW as his coordinator!! Remember GW has made semi good players look great in his system.

again that is perception vs reality.

very few real football guys talk of Williams as an elite Safety. Lets remember Michael Vick was once considered a great QB, :laugh:

The problem with defense stats, they don't show liabilty.They show how many tackles, but not how many extra yards the player gives up, or how many missed tackles, They show int. but not how many times they were beat.

Once a player gets a rep. wether earned or not... it is hard for people to change it despite given obvious examples.

Thats fine.

Regardless, Archuleta has that same reputation.

All the negatives you speak of with RW are prevalent with AA as well.

Yet Williams is in a different class than AA.

Call me crazy, but it may have a little more to do with just his name.

I have a question for ALL skins fans. If you could snap your fingers and have Roy Williams as your starting STRONG SAFETY tommorow would you do it? Your choice would be to accept Roy Williams or refuse, say no thanks and just roll with AA? Keep in mind that ST is still your FS so were talking about a safety tandem of Roy Williams AND Sean Taylor. What's your answer? :munchout:

:phone: :snore: :readnews: :whoknows:

Follow the bouncing ball Spanky. Your reacharound Buddy was pointing out that Jerrah is sooooo much smarter than Snyder. Just pointing out that each team has made their fair share of blunders.

HAHAHA

You're comparing players who have played very well for us and who haven't gotten big time paydays to guys like Deion and Smith you guys WAAAAAAY overpaid for.

Get a grip Spanky. You look foolish.

if he's so respectable then why does he have that avatar?

I guess you dont know him too well.

And I guess you dont know this site to well.

Or you havent been around long enough to know.

As a well known Dallas fan on this site, I would be HONORED to have such an avatar.

How many fans of other teams have thier own special avatars?

I'll let you do the research.

If you dont know, ask somebody.

Then we'll chat.

Probably the same amount of STL games you saw. ;)

Thats completely correct, except I'm not on here saying one way or the other how great or horrible Archuleta is. But what I have seen are regular joes or underperformers come to this team for the last two years and have pro-bowl to near pro-bowl seasons.

I personally don't think Archuleta is better than royGOD, but I DO think they are a hell of a lot closer in talent than most dallas fans are willing to concede. I also think that after a year in Williams D, you will be hearing his name in the ranks of the upper echelon of safetys.

Is it a good deal for dallas to sign williams at the price they did?? Yeah. I could only hope Taylor would accept a similar contract number when his time comes. But to say you guys got some smoking deal compared to Arch's deal is funny. And the rest of this rambling on about the financial responsibility of your owner as compared to ours is hilarious at best, painfully ignorant at worst. :)

I guess you dont know him too well.

And I guess you dont know this site to well.

Or you havent been around long enough to know.

As a well known Dallas fan on this site, I would be HONORED to have such an avatar.

How many fans of other teams have thier own special avatars?

I'll let you do the research.

If you dont know, ask somebody.

Then we'll chat.

I remember a time where WeownU had his special avatar. I'm pretty sure he didnt like it too much. :laugh:

HAHAHA

You're comparing players who have played very well for us and who haven't gotten big time paydays to guys like Deion and Smith you guys WAAAAAAY overpaid for.

If Danny wants to over pay he will, he has the money and the #1 profitable franchise in sports (in the US) what is it to you? What the hell do you care? Its his money and he probably can buy and sell tools like you on a daily basis. Just shut the hell up already with over paying, he gets what he wants and soon he will have the SB as well.

Cowboy fans are forgetting that AA is entering a defensive scheme that made several nobodies look really good.

I don't mind their ridicule, because I know what I see, and have been laughed at in the past for making statements about players at the time people thought I was nuyts, then later I turn out to be getting the last laugh.

I am no expert, but I know football enough to know when someone gets burned, and is out of position.

Hey I could be wrong and AA will stink it up in DC, and Roy Williams will be a shut down machine... but I have little worries that will happen. :D

nice spin... he rates RW as a "decnt" safety and the MOST overrated player in the NFL

again ignoring the situation :nono:

Slow down there Bubba.

You spoke of polls, who was considered better, etc, etc.

I showed you a respected opinion of an Eagles fan.

You retorted with Prisco's opinion meaning nothing to me.

Well, again, it matters not that he rates him as a "decent" safety, or that he rates him as the most overrated.

Dont run away, you said AA over RW.

Period.

Back yourself up, dont try and just knock RW with what one CBS writer (who, by the way, everyone on this site shreds on the regular) has to say which is UNRELATED to which of the two he would prefer.

Truth is that Roy Williams has played and still is playing on a pretty good Defensive team. AA didnt have nearly the talent your team has on D!! How about I answer your question next year after I see AA in our system with GW as his coordinator!! Remember GW has made semi good players look great in his system.

:no: :nono: My question assumes your a GM and you must make a decision NOW! You can add RW now or refuse..... based on the way RW and AA are analyzed on es, should be a pretty easy decision right? :thumbsup: Try answering directly this time...

I don't mind their ridicule, because I know what I see, and have been laughed at in the past for making statements about players at the time people thought I was nuyts, then later I turn out to be getting the last laugh.

I am no expert, but I know football enough to know when someone gets burned, and is out of position.

Hey I could be wrong and AA will stink it up in DC, and Roy Williams will be a shut down machine... but I have little worries that will happen. :D

So Bubba do you think AA is a better strong safety than RW?

I'm talking about the Clown avatar he had. IMO that was pretty special and I have yet to see anyone else distinguished with such an 'honor'.

I know what you were talking about.

Many have dawned that avatar.

Its nothing special. Its nothing unique.

What the other avatar is though, is unique and is special.

Showing us exactly how that Eagle fan is respected on this site.

:read: :kickcan: :munchout: :anon: :yawnee: :whoknows:

I know what you were talking about.

Many have dawned that avatar.

Its nothing special. Its nothing unique.

What the other avatar is though, is unique and is special.

Showing us exactly how that Eagle fan is respected on this site.

Toasted Visitor? Ok...

Slow down there Bubba.

You spoke of polls, who was considered better, etc, etc.

I showed you a respected opinion of an Eagles fan.

You retorted with Prisco's opinion meaning nothing to me.

Well, again, it matters not that he rates him as a "decent" safety, or that he rates him as the most overrated.

Dont run away, you said AA over RW.

Period.

Back yourself up, dont try and just knock RW with what one CBS writer (who, by the way, everyone on this site shreds on the regular) has to say which is UNRELATED to which of the two he would prefer.

wow you can spin

so a eagle fanis more knowledgable than Pete Prisco a paid football write

and Prisco point is wrong because it means nothing to YOU :thumbsup:

the defense rests

BTW I have already pointed out most peoples opinion is The "perception" is RW was a better safety by most....you know what people think to be true, to reality, what is really true.

I said "if" you could poll defensive cordinators... which unfortunately you can't. The reason I said that is because they have more knowledge of a players ability than the average fan, and even sports writers like Pete.

But I have stated, there isn't any stats showing liabilty by defensive players... and I am waiting for KC Joyner to do something to formulate rating DBs.

I'd take Arch over Williams. Gregg Williams likes for his SS to be a good blitzer. AA excels in that area. I think that's probably the most important thing for Williams besides run support and AA is pretty stout in that area too.

Also Arch has averaged about the same number of tackles per game as RW. It's actually a tiny bit higher, but no real discernable difference.

Both have had their problems in coverage. RW does have more INT's and passes defended, though.

Overall the clincher for me would be the fact that Roy is an ex Cowboy. :)

:dallasuck

:no: :nono: My question assumes your a GM and you must make a decision NOW! You can add RW now or refuse..... based on the way RW and AA are analyzed on es, should be a pretty easy decision right? :thumbsup: Try answering directly this time...

It's a hateful question, and you should be banned for asking it!!!! :)

HAHAHA

Ummmmmmmmm, no I wasn't. Just because you scrimped and saved on Jason Fabini, Marco Rivera and Aaron Glenn doesn't mean that you got a bargain.

Say what you want about Danny but since he became the owner of the Skins Jerrah has only had more wins once. Seems to me that if Danny is overpaying, well I guess Jerrah must be as well since they are playing with the same salary cap.

Archived