Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Chat: Portis Tidbit

EnFoRcEr_uPu

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=12455

Mark (Durham): Is Clinton Portis primed for a huge season?

sn2.gifGary Horton: (11:08 AM ET ) Yes I do. Al Saunders is the new offensive coordinator and he's designed an offense that features one back. Portis will have a chance to pick his hole and make his own decisions on where he wants to run, which is similar to the style of offense he ran very well in Denver. Also, the Redskins will play a lot of three wide receiver sets which forces defenses to play nickel schemes which obviously gives Portis the opportunity to run against softer defenses.

Joe (DC): Do you think aging Mark Brunell has what it takes to get the 'Skins to the SuperBowl?

Gary Horton: I don't know that he can lead them to the Super Bowl, but I think he's an efficient QB and I love what Washington is doing on offense this year. They're going to 3 WR sets and one back and allowing Portis to create lanes, which really fits his skills. With 3 WRs, Brunnell will have a lot more 3 and 5 step drops. This is a far cry from the conservative passing game Joe Gibbs used in the last couple of years, where sometimes he only had one and two receiver routes. Brunnell will get the

I can't wait to see Portis in this offense. AND I have him on my fantasy team, so...

DOUBLE BONUS!!! :thumbsup:

Me too...I've kept him on my fantasy team for the past two years, but I also have another keeper that I drafted in the 7th round of our draft last season....Larry Johnson. :D

I hope Portis has a huge season but I also think that Betts could have a career year.

Yeah thats the only thing I would worrry about from a fantasy perspective.

I really hope I can have as much fun watchin this offense as I've had watching the D these last couple years. :cheers:

Archived