Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training Camp Start Time Moved For Tomorrow

SkinsNatsFan

I live in Rockville, MD(montgomery county)...i may want to go tomorrow night...i assume traffic on the beltway heading out towards ashburn that time of day is horrendous. Has anyone done the trip that time of day out there? How long should I anticipate it taking?

I imagine all of the OTA's, voluntary workouts, practices and such are meant to get the players ready for football. Heat is a byproduct of the time of years alot of this is done. Though this may or not be the reason for the moving back of the time, if it is, it's in the players best interest I would imagine, (which is why many teams have done and are doing this as well). Too much of a good thing if you will.

Training camp is suppossed to be about building mental toughness.

We need to be tough late in the 4th quarter of games...we lost games in the 4th quarter last year to Tampa, SD, and Oakland.

This is a real concern...we don't need to be taking shortcuts.

Plus upon breaking camp, don't we want the guys to supercompensate and feel surges of energy after getting through 2 a day hell? Mental toughness is what its all about.

Guest ComebackKing
I can go now...sweet. I heard that thurs. practice will be switched to 7 also.
I don't think there is a thurs practice open to public. I'll be on vacation for the rest of the practices but it was a blast going today!!!

We need to be tough late in the 4th quarter of games...we lost games in the 4th quarter last year to Tampa, SD, and Oakland.

Plus upon breaking camp, don't we want the guys to supercompensate and feel surges of energy after getting through 2 a day hell? Mental toughness is what its all about.

Where do you get these things Riggo? That is not what it's "all" about. Sure players can build up endurance and toughness to play while being uncomfortable and under adverse reactions. And coaches will practice the team for just that. However this isn't always done at the expense of the safety of the players. This why teams like the Eagles, Cardinals, Titans and the Ravens have done the same. And a few of those that didn't, like the Colts, slowed things down for the players. Give it a rest Riggo. You're going to age yourself this way.

I live in Rockville, MD(montgomery county)...i may want to go tomorrow night...i assume traffic on the beltway heading out towards ashburn that time of day is horrendous. Has anyone done the trip that time of day out there? How long should I anticipate it taking?

I live very near to you, can I get a ride? I'd budget around an hour and half or so, maybe a little under to get there, but I'd also recommend that you get to Redskin's Park around 6:00(an hour before practice starts--also when the gates open) at the very latest. So I'd say around quarter to five or so you should leave unless you're diehard and you wan't to get there real early to ensure getting a great spot.

Seriously though, can I get a ride? :laugh: I'll meet you at your place. :cheers:

This is one of the most thought out quotes that I have seen in a long time. :rolleyes:

Have you ever practiced in pads in 100 degree temp before? :doh:

What the F are you talking about it is going to be one of the hottest recorded days in the DC area ever today. WIth the temps above 103 and the heat index from 115 to 120 they have to do this. It is not healthy being out in that type of heat, get a grip on mental toughness etc... do you want the players to be permanently scarred from the heat??

There is a difference in walking around in this heat then wearing pads and running full speed and hitting people, for them it will feel hotter then 120 degrees, and that is not healthy for anyone.

They are also pushing it back for the fans as well, they do not want fans passing out because of the heat as well.

What the F are you talking about it is going to be one of the hottest recorded days in the DC area ever today. WIth the temps above 103 and the heat index from 115 to 120 they have to do this. It is not healthy being out in that type of heat, get a grip on mental toughness etc... do you want the players to be permanently scarred from the heat??

There is a difference in walking around in this heat then wearing pads and running full speed and hitting people, for them it will feel hotter then 120 degrees, and that is not healthy for anyone.

They are also pushing it back for the fans as well, they do not want fans passing out because of the heat as well.

That's why they have the ice tubs and water stations all around.

Archived