Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Drug classification rethink urged - BBC article

webnarc

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/5230006.stm for the full article

_41949092_drugs_graph_416.gif

The designation of drugs in classes A, B and C should be replaced with one more closely reflecting the harm they cause, a committee of MPs has said.

The Science Select Committee said the present system was based on historical assumptions, not scientific assessment.

BBC News has seen details of a system devised by government advisers which was considered by former Home Secretary Charles Clarke but is now on hold.

It rates some illegal drugs as less harmful than alcohol and tobacco.

Interesting idea that lends support to decriminalizing pot.

Interesting. Im not sure, but I dont think they have a way of testing THC (I think thats the drug in Pot) levels that are quick enough and reliable enough to prevent driving high. I dont believe that people drive better while theyre high, like so many say. I know alot of people think they drive better drunk. Until they find a way to do a breathalizer type thing for Pot, Ill be against legalizing it.

No one drives "better" when they are high. That is ridiculous, as being high definately slows down reaction time, however I would say that driving high, is less dangerous then driving drunk. THC and Alcohol give off two very different feelings, and they cause different things. So I guess when I say driving "high" I am strictly referring to being high via Marijuana and not Heroin, or Cocaine, or something else.

Archived