Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lincoln Kennedy former nfl analyst to the redskins? (Merged)

redskinsfanjm30

trivia; Fact: Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy and Kennedy's secretary was named Lincoln..... historical fact... nothing with football... but is the first thing I thought when I saw the name..... there are a lot of wierd connections between those two presidents......

That article says he's 35 and carrying 385 lbs. That's not a good combination.

Are you kidding? It would take at least ten seconds for a Defensive End to run around somebody as wide as Kennedy must be now.

But seriously, experience and talent count. Ray Brown was a very valuable player for us last season. If Kennedy is all healed up, rested, and can get in halfway decent shape, he could be an important OL reserve. He probably has time to learn the plays and get in shape because he may not be needed until late in the season, if then.

It could turn out to be a good move.

You have to take "Insiders/Scout" with a grain of salt now.... since they reported that Brunell was going to retire a few weeks ago too.

We reported no such thing. Please provide the link if you believe that we did.

It made the rounds on the message board, but we all know how that stuff goes.

Offensive Tackle Depth An Offseason Focus

By Gary Fitzgerald

Redskins.com

May 24, 2006

For most of the last six years, Chris Samuels and Jon Jansen have been mainstays of the Redskins' offensive line. Only in 2004, when Jansen suffered an Achilles injury that sidelined him for the entire season, did the Redskins have a different set of bookend tackles: Samuels and veteran Ray Brown.

Brown has since retired from football. For coaches, one of the top off-season priorities is to identify reliable backup tackles.

MolinaroAtlanta888.jpgJim Molinaro (Don Wright Photo) Assistant head coach-offense Joe Bugel, a long-time offensive line guru, has an inexperienced group of backup tackles to work with right now.

Jim Molinaro, the Redskins' sixth-round draft pick in 2004, is entering his third season with the team. He was listed as the backup to Samuels last season, but he saw limited action on game day. Instead, Molinaro continued to develop his skills on the Redskins Park practice fields.

The 6-6, 310-pounder recognizes that this coming season could be a pivotal one for him. Last year, if Samuels or Jansen had been injured, coaches would have turned to Brown, at least as a short-term solution. This year, it's Molinaro who could get the call.

"For my career, it's time for me to step forward and show these coaches what I can do," he said................

Another candidate at tackle is newcomer Jonta Woodard, a first-year player out of Louisville who hopes to establish himself in the NFL. The last two years, Woodard started at left tackle for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in the Canadian Football League.

Both head coach Joe Gibbs and director of pro personnel Louis Riddick have mentioned the 6-5, 325-pound Woodard as an intriguing prospect. Coming out of college, Woodard's NFL career was sidetracked due to a legal matter in Louisville.

Woodard regards his experience playing in the CFL as a "tune-up" for the NFL.

"The CFL is a step faster than college, but it's a step slower than the NFL," he said. "So I still have to get used to playing at this level. Over there, there were players at certain positions who were good, but in the NFL, every player at every position is good."

WoodardComes13.jpgJonta Woodard (Gary Fitzgerald Photo) "I feel like I'm picking the offense up pretty well," he said. "I'm a strong guy, but I feel like I'm also quick coming off the line. It's all technique and knowing the blocking schemes."

Another newcomer competing for a job at tackle is Kili Lefotu, the Redskins' seventh-round draft pick out of Arizona. Team officials like Lefotu's versatility--he played guard, center and some tackle in college-and it's expected that the 6-5, 315-pounder will be in the mix for a backup job at several positions along the offensive line.

Jon Alston, a 6-5, 306-pound offensive lineman, spent the 2005 season developing his skills on the practice squad. At the recently concluded Rookie Camp on May 5-7, coaches had Alston line up at right guard, but he has the size and versatility to play outside as well.

The Redskins also signed undrafted rookie Chris Pino in early May to compete for a roster spot at tackle. Pino, 6-4 and 315 pounds, played his college ball at San Diego State. He has reportedly battled weight issues in the past, but he has surprising mobility for his size.

Other linemen on the roster, such as veteran newcomers Mike Pucillo and Tyson Walter and young players Ikechuku Ndukwe and Jasper Harvey, have experience mostly at guard or center. They may also need to display versatility in order to secure a roster spot in training camp.

You're right we need depth at o-line, but I wouldn't pick up a retired lineman with a noticable limp when I've got these studs in the wings.

trivia; Fact: Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy and Kennedy's secretary was named Lincoln..... historical fact... nothing with football... but is the first thing I thought when I saw the name..... there are a lot of wierd connections between those two presidents......

I have seen that email as well, While Kennedy did have a female secretary with the last name Lincoln. Lincoln did not have a secretary with the last name Kennedy

I have seen that email as well, While Kennedy did have a female secretary with the last name Lincoln. Lincoln did not have a secretary with the last name Kennedy

I know who Lincoln Kennedy is but who are Lincoln and Kennedy...and why are we talking about their secretaries????;) :laugh: :laugh:

It's DC, so why not add a guy named Lincoln Kennedy, since we've already got a guy named Washington.

Don't forget Clinton Portis. Now all we need is the Saint's Reggie Bush, the Pat's Roosevelt Colvin, and the Eagle's Carl Ford. Oh, and is it too late to re-sign Re(a)gan Upshaw?

Don't forget Clinton Portis. Now all we need is the Saint's Reggie Bush, the Pat's Roosevelt Colvin, and the Eagle's Carl Ford. Oh, and is it too late to re-sign Re(a)gan Upshaw?

Don't forget we also have Marcus Washington!

Oh yuck! I don't want him on my team..plus when he was on NFL network, he was always hatin' on the skins. Anybody that did that in the past doesn't deserve a spot on the roster!

Actually he was giving us props a lot. He used to argue with Rod Woodson about us. Kennedy said we would make the playoffs when everyone else said we were done.

the truth of the matter is very few teams in the NFL have a solid starting 5 on the offensive line as the Redskins do. and even fewer have a solid 5 plus capable depth.

the Redskins are going to have to be creative at the backup spots because right now all it is a bunch of rookies and first year players and veteran backups like Pucillo and Walter that were not retained by their former clubs.

We've also got Sean Taylor, Andre Carter and Robert Johnson. We also had Antonio Pierce. :silly:

Archived