Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andretti Green racing sign Patrick

Pete

Andretti Green Racing sign Patrick for 2007

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (July 25, 2006) – Andretti Green Racing announced today it has signed Danica Patrick to drive one of the team's IndyCar Series cars, beginning in 2007.

Patrick, who was named 2005 IndyCar Series rookie of the year and 2005 Indianapolis 500 rookie of the year, becomes the third driver under contract to Andretti Green for the 2007 season. She joins 2004 IndyCar Series champion Tony Kanaan, who won Sunday's event at The Milwaukee Mile, and Marco Andretti, who was named 2006 Indianapolis 500 rookie of the year after finishing second in "The Greatest Spectacle in Racing."

I'm not a real fan of Danica, but a huge fan of the Andretti racing family since I was a kid, so I hope it works out for the team. If you have followed the series the past two seasons you'll know that she's good, but not that good. Almost every race she runs, you'll hear reports that she needs to make fuel. That tells me that they have to set her cars up with a bit more down force for her to control it, and that eats more fuel.

This is the make you or brake you ride for Danica IMO. She will have the luxury of having some of the best minds in racing with a major money program, and great teachers in TK, Michael, Mario, and Marco. Yes, Marco too. Don't get me wrong, Bobby Rahal was one of the best, but it's a small set up compared to Andretti Green. If she can't excel in this program, she can't excel anywhere.

I know you're not a big fan of Danica, Pete. But I think this signing is important to the series. Though I understand your dissatisfaction with what's kind of a side-show situation, I think there are a lot of casual fans who tune in to see what she's doing.

The negative impact of her leaving IRL would be far greater than the positive impact in NASCAR had she gone there IMO.

But you're right. Danica has to get it done now. She's got a great team, great equipment, and one of the best racing families ever, behind her. If she can't do it for Andretti Green, she can't do it.

Yeah. Besides, she's on your team now. (I actually rooted for Kurt Busch when he drove for Roush.) :doh: Not to mention the fact that we BOTH had to root for Deion Sanders of all people for one miserable season. DOUBLE :doh: .

BTW, congrats on 6k posts, and thanks for the work you do around here. We appreciate it!

:cheers:

She'll win a few races now. Good move for her... she'll get it done. She's been a solid driver with, up until now, a slow car.

That's my point actually, the car could be faster and get better fuel usage in a set up with a little less downforce. The 06 season isn't done yet, so lets see how she finishes now that she doesn't have to focus on getting a ride for next season.

Michigan this week, and she likes the big open speedways. A top 3 finish would be a major validation for her. I still expect to see more out of Marco this week.

I kinda like this one:

I missed that one. She can be quite pretty at times, but honestly, the more clothing the better in her case........... No body so to speak of. That's why I cant figure why so many think she's smokin hot.

Pete they think shes smokin hot because she has those "eyes" that drive guys crazy...plus...shes drapped over a car :laugh:

I think one of the biggest problems that if she does win, people are going to start complaining again about her weighing less, and it gives her the unfair advantage. It wasn't an issue these past two years, because although good, she hasn't really rocked the world. That's probably part of the reason she stayed in open wheel, and didn't make the move to NASCAR. I think it will be easier for her to have success there instead of in a stock car. Look at the one girl who tried the Busch series last year, she was aweful, so they moved her over to Craftsman truck, and I don't think she's turning heads there either.

Does anyone know where I can find the video of her meltdown this past weekend? I wanted to show it to a co-worker. It was one of the funniest videos I have ever seen.

:laugh: She threw such a princess-****y tantrum. The stomping the feet was classic.

:laugh: :laugh:

Archived