Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My biggest wish for the upcoming NFL Season

Eternal_Cowboy

10 wins almost certainly gets you in in the NFC

thats what I was thinking. altough, I do think that that is the worst record that will get a team into the playoffs. The NFC will be a lot tougher than many people think it will be this year. And I think that it is pretty safe to say that at least one NFC east team will be playing in the NFC champ game.

I am amused when I read the Redskins have no chance to go to the Super Bowl because Brunell is supposedly lacking as a quarterback and then I read about the Bears? :)

The Bears? This team finished up the year with perhaps the worst quarterbacking of any team that made the postseason. And this was possible working in a division where the other 'powers' in Green Bay and Minnesota imploded early on.

What about the Ravens and Trent Dilfer? :laugh:

:cheers: to that Eternal Cowboy. Part of what made the first Gibbs go around so great were the classic battles, like the championship game where Dexter "rung Danny White's clock!" Just remembering old RFK rocking and "We Want Dallas!!!" gets me going.

I would love to see a revival of Cowboys v. Redskins for the NFC Crown. So many good memories from those games. World Grant. Riggins. The Smurfs and the Fun Bunch.

The Skins are solid in almost all positions and they have a coaching staff better than every other team.

Wow, Parcells is considered one of the all-time best coaches in NFL history and you so boldly make that claim.

Thats like saying Babe Ruth was better than Hank Arron, Barry Sanders was better than Walter Payton, David Beckham was better than Pele, or Tom Landry was better than Vince Lombardi. They are all so high in the stratosphere and arguable thats it's stupid to even make such a claim.

What about the Ravens and Trent Dilfer? :laugh:

Isn't Steve McNair going for the Ravens this year. If he can hold up healthwise (which doesn't seem likely) he's a pretty good qb. On the otherhand, I think Billick has pretty much dispelled the offensive genius label he somehow wore for the last several years.

I'd rather Dallas not make the playoffs. Screw 'em!

It's funny because ultimately I will get that way during the season. It's fun to think about that matchup in July or August, but I know that I'd much rather match up with the Bears or Falcons or Seahawks with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line than have to worry about Dallas. No matter what team is better, it is stressful worrying about potentially losing to the Cowboys to end the season and keep you from your ultimate goal.

That game would be huge. I'd love to see an NFC Championship game in Dallas and a victorious Redskin bunch explode all over their crew. Last years two bombs to Moss in Dallas were beyond great but the 35-7 fourth quarter lead with 12:05 left in the 4th quarter at FedEx was the best thing I have witnessed from the Redskins in years. They played like champions and Parcells about lost it. Gibbs ate his lunch last year. Those thoughts make me want the season to start right now. Bring the boys Dallas, we will gladly show em how a superbowl contender plays.

thats what I was thinking. altough, I do think that that is the worst record that will get a team into the playoffs. The NFC will be a lot tougher than many people think it will be this year. And I think that it is pretty safe to say that at least one NFC east team will be playing in the NFC champ game.

I think the Bears may make it in at 9-7 or so. They arent that good but their division is worse

Wow, Parcells is considered one of the all-time best coaches in NFL history and you so boldly make that claim.

Thats like saying Babe Ruth was better than Hank Arron, Barry Sanders was better than Walter Payton, David Beckham was better than Pele, or Tom Landry was better than Vince Lombardi. They are all so high in the stratosphere and arguable thats it's stupid to even make such a claim.

Hes comparing the coaching staff as a whole not just head coaches. Al Saunders, Gregg Williams, and Joe Gibbs is definitely a better enesemble than the cowboys have. I think that they are deifinitely number one coaching staff in the league followed closely by the steelers.

Actually a Redskins - Cowboy finish would be something that would have me sitting on the edge of my chair chewing on the remote. I have sat thru too many games with the cowboys like that before. If it happens I sure hope I remember to put new batteries in my pacemaker. :laugh: :silly: :dallasuck

Archived