Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

how important is portis to the redskins' success

mo9763

I dont have faith in Betts or Rock as a long term back up.

Jesse Lumsden, I would feel better with. I dont see him taking over a game like Portis does, but he's a gamer who can take some punishment. he can run outside (maybe not as effectively in the NFL), up the middle but you will most likely see him run through people, and more than one on the same run.

But either Thomas or Dockery could be replaced IMO and the team can still win games.

I disagree completely. Until proven otherwise Thomas is a key cog in our oline. Everyone saw what happened when he went down and Raymer/Brown went in. We scaled down the offense, and even in max protect Tampa and Seattle were able to expose us. Brown was decent, but when Raymer went in he was constantly on his backside.

With our improved WRs (which will result in much more balanced offensive game plan), I do not think that Clinton is near the critical player for this seasons team that he was last season. I think that without Clinton we still have a good chance to win the SB; but with Clinton our chances go up a lot.

I would say the same about any of our "skill players" (RB, WR, QB). I think this years team has enough depth at these positions that we could still be winners. I think that the OL is the more critical component where an injury could make the difference in the outcome of a game. I think our starting OL is good enough; but I just don't know how good our backups will be.

No CP?..... No SB. Flat-out.

With GW and his incredible defense, ARE added to the special teams, the additon of Saunders, the outstanding O-line, all the RB's, FB's, QB's, WR's, HB's and TE's, you don't think the SKins could go to a SB without CP? I understand his talent level, but I think the others could muster a SB victory.

Archived