Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Odds these things willl happen this upcoming season?

skinfan2k

1. Clinton Portis rushing for the most yards ever in a single season

2. Clinton Portis breaking the league record for most TDs in a single season

3. Santana Moss 1700 yds receiving

4. Brunell 4000 yds passing

5. Andre Carter 15 sacks

6. Sean Taylor 10 Ints

7. ARE returning 2 tds on special teams

Do you think any of these situation that i have assembled have any chance of occuring this upcoming season? Lets hope for a special season and the road to the superbowl coming thru fedex this upcoming season

5. Andre Carter 15 sacks

6. Sean Taylor 10 Ints

Do you think any of these situation that i have assembled have any chance of occuring this upcoming season? Lets hope for a special season and the road to the superbowl coming thru fedex this upcoming season

#7 is the most likely IMO, followed by #3 and #5

Numbers 6, 4 and 2 are unlikely, but possible

Number 1 aint happening

5. Andre Carter 15 sacks

6. Sean Taylor 10 Ints

I see 7 as the best possibility, second ST's int's, third Carter and fourth MB yrds passing.

Breaking the league record for most TD's in the season would be highly unlikely with all the versitility on the squad now. i, e. fullback, halfback situations.

Same goes for SM in the recieving, too much as the above statement.

But hey wishful thinking never hurts. Great discussion though.

let me add 1 more... this may not apply for this upcoming season but

Gregg Williams winning more titles than Gibbs (dont count first stint)

Thats a big if. Depends what direction Williams goes after Gibbs retires/contract.

If Gibbs retires I personally see Saunders taking over down the road. Who knows. Makes for great gossip though, doenst it?

I think you set the marks a little high based on past numbers/stats. I'm not a stats guy per se, but it seems to me that maybe Brunell throwing for 3,500 is a definite possibility but I would be pleasantly surprised if he hit the 4,000 mark. Taylor having 10 INTS would be unbelievable, but highly unlikely. Portis could have his biggest year, but that of course depends on how much Betts is used in the run game. 2 TD's on Special Teams for Randle El is the most likely, so I agree with the majority.

HTTR!

I dgive #7 a lot more of a chance than most of you are. 10 to 1... What Dante hall did 4 in one season and yall are doubting ARE for 2. I give him a 90% chance on that. I don't give any of the others a chance though because well we haven't come close to any of them yet. ST with 10 int. may not ever happen because when he gets his first say 7 INTs season people will completely avoid him. Portis can't do that because this isn't a single player offense like Seattle or Gints and Moss won't ever get more than he did last year probably. Ill say Portis will likely get more than he did last year in both categories. Probably just over 1700 and 18 TDs. A carter may have some chance at it but no more than say 10:1. MVPs for someone on this team may come but I'm gonna bust out my surpise player of the year who I think will have the best chance this season of MVP honors.... Lemar Marshall is the man with the plan fellas. Think about the season he had last year. Led team in tackles and had 4 INTs. I say he exceeds that this year and people finally recognize him as a serious serious player. Cato June season was somewhat of a clone of what I see Marshall being this year except just a better tackler with a few sacks too.

1. Clinton Portis rushing for the most yards ever in a single season 500:1

2. Clinton Portis breaking the league record for most TDs in a single season 50:1

3. Santana Moss 1700 yds receiving 450:1

4. Brunell 4000 yds passing 25:1

5. Andre Carter 15 sacks 8:1

6. Sean Taylor 10 Ints 20:1

7. ARE returning 2 tds on special teams 3:1

these are my 30 second look odds

edit: heres my reasoning:

1) no way in hell with our new offensive schemes

2)way more plausible, but still unlikely

3) no way, not with the ball going in his direction LESS this year

4) plausible, but still unlikely with brunels age

5) 15 is pretty high but way more plausible than all the above

6) 10 INTs is a very high number, with ST not seeming to be a interception machine id say he has as much chance as brunel and 4000

7) highly plausible, maybe even likely i give it a 33% chance

5. Andre Carter 15 sacks

6. Sean Taylor 10 Ints

Dont know much about setting odds so I'll just rank them from most likley to leat likely.

7 - He's done that before.

6 - 10 INTs is alot, but DBs sometimes have years when they grab a million INTs. It could happen.

4 - With his WRs Id say its possible, even if it is very unlikely.

5 - 15 is a lot. But its still doable.

3 - 1700 is pretty near impossible.

2 - Not with the new targets at WR.

1 - See #2.

To follow Terpfan's example:

#7 is the most likely...I forsee plenty of Punt & Kickoff opportunities, and we have the talent and committment to special teams. ARE has demonstrated his ability to take it all the way.

#5 and #4 are the next most likely possibilities...Brunnell was heading for around 3500 yds. season before his injury (I throw out the Bears game he didn't start and the Giants debacle), and with Saunders' offense and the WR talent upgrade, injury is the main obstacle for Brunnell to avoid this year, as well.

Williams' unpredictable play-calling may prevent offenses from doubling Carter, and if Griffin and Daniels keep up their dominance (esp. Daniels--his new training/diet regimen is paying off), Carter should have the opportunities.

The rest just aren't very possible...

Santana doesn't have to do all the heavy-lifting in pass-catching, so I see his receptions going down, along with his total yardage (athough maybe not by much), so he won't get to 1700.

Saunders seems to really like Betts, and Portis has hinted that he likes the idea of taking a blow at the end of games, as long as he gets his yards, so I don't see him getting the carries for a shot at 2,105 yards or 29 TDs. Too many other possibilites in the passing offense, as well.

Double-digit interceptions are the sole property of CBs in the NFL...look at all the NFL record holders(Night Train, Paul Krause, etc.), and they were DBs. Many of them, interestingly enough, were rookies, so it seems to say that people avoid throwing to a known quantity like Taylor, and they won't get the opportunites for INTs.

And that's how I see it...

5. Andre Carter 15 sacks

6. Sean Taylor 10 Ints

1. 25:1

2. 20:1

3. 15:1

4. 15:1

5. 10:1(generous)

6. 100:1

7. 30:1

I realize I'm making all of this sound like a shot in the dark, but then again, those are some pretty tough tasks. Especially Taylor getting 10 INT's, which is almost unherad of for any safety.

I think the following could happen in this order:

1. ARE returning 2 tds on special teams (definitely might happen)

2. Brunell 4000 yds passing (with Lloyd, Moss, ARE, Cooley, Portis, and Patten and MB's accuracy; I could see this happening)

3. Andre Carter 15 sacks (a possibility since he was close with a much worse defense)

I think the following could happen in this order:

1. ARE returning 2 tds on special teams (definitely might happen)

2. Brunell 4000 yds passing (with Lloyd, Moss, ARE, Cooley, Portis, and Patten and MB's accuracy; I could see this happening)

3. Andre Carter 15 sacks (a possibility since he was close with a much worse defense)

I agree. At first I thought 4,000 yards was a bit lofty, but then I remembered that Trent Green had multiple 4,000 yard seasons under Saunders with no good receivers, just Gonzalez.

Archived