Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Charles Mann's sister

mrtacconi

']Ok' date=' two things....

1. You said you run the Dairy Queen but do you own it to give away stuff for free?

2. You guys are going to spend who knows how much in gas or airfare for freeice cream?

<:rolleyes:>[/quote']

In response to 2: It's not about the Ice Cream, it's about the journey to get TO the free ice cream. Also to spend time with a redskins breatheren who does not know what it's like to be surrounded by people who support your team. Road trips are hardly ever about the destination and more about the bonding experience of the trip. /sappy drama music /afterschool special /prices

cool story! Charles is the MANN!

I second that!!! One of my favorite all time 'Skins. Charles was a BEAST!!

Now on to more pressing issues. Since I can't make it up to the Northwest for that FREE Blizzard, how bout you call a local Dairy Queen for me and convince them to hook up a cheap 'Skins fan (that now thanks to you... :rolleyes: ) has a craving for a Blizzard? I'm sure your Dairy Queen brethren will listen. :D You can do it!!!! :laugh:

That's a great story and true about how hard it is to find fellow feathered fans in the Northwest and west coast although in the Bay area there are a lot more than you would think . In fact to the people here for them when the 49ers were doing their thing . Most of the people out here saw the Redskins as very close to the same as their 49ers in terms of dominance of the league .

I wanted to inform and invite you to join me and other members of this forum to back a campaign to protest the snubbing of Art Monk in the most distasteful display of ignorance and bias to date from the HOF concerning players from the Redskins that are deserving of the honor of induction . Please check out our thread I am cozmikbuffalo and we are on the Activist/HOF protest thread .

Like you one of our members has a friend that just started working for Chris Hanburgers son in NC and he is going to get the message to Chris "closeline" Hanburger to help out here .

I would like to ask you to talk to Charles Manns sister to do the same thing please . I have already written e-mail through the forum to the PR office of the Redskins about our plan and if they will endorse the effort and possibly even help us make it happen .

I am in the process to contact as many ex-players as possible as well as FO and team personel to help in this effort . As many of us feel that there is so much injustice in the HOF voting process against not only but mainly Redskin players that more than deserve the honor . Among them Charles Mann .

We have 55,000 members here ! So there is no reason that we as fans can't constitute the resolve to stand up for our players and our team franchise now like we admire our players doing it for us . But , especially now we as fans of the Washington Redskins have the opportunity to make football and sports history by objecting so overwhelmingly that something is done to change what is going on here . I feel confident and am volunteering my time and what little money I can commit to this to head this effort up and be the motivating and operational center for this effort which we launched the afternoon on Saturday .

I urge and invite anyone who sees this post to please join us in this effort to make a stand for our Art Monk and the Redskins franchise !!!!!!!!!

Show our team that we will fight as hard as we expect them to for us for a change and put up or shut up !!!!!!!

Coz

I'm originally from norfolk, VA. now living in spokane, WA. I run a Dairy Queen up here and last night a lady in a redskins shirt came through the drive thru. I felt as if she looked familiar for some reason and of course started talkin with her bout my skins and come to find out that charles mann is her brother!!! I've seen her come in before but she is now my favorite customer. I told her I would trade all the free blizzards she can handle for ANY skins stuff she can get from her bro. This story might seem dumb to most of you, but here in the northwest there aren't too many skins fans. I constantly have too battle crybaby seahawks fans and it sux. Also jets safety Eric Coleman is her nephew, and she said she would love to help me out with any skins stuff, especially after i showed her my new skins tattoo. HTTR

I have two funny stories..

First one.. My wife is working out at the gym and looks over and the guy next to her looks familiar. She makes eye contact and says... Do I know you? The guy says, I'm Charles Man. My wife looks puzzeled. Charles offers, I used to be a Washington Redskins. My wife says, I think I have a plastic cup with your face on it...

Second one. After the Redskins drafted Heath Shular he was sending flowers to his girlfriend. My wife who owned a flower shop was telling me that the new Redskins Quarterback just ordered flowers from them. We were sitting in a movie theatre just before show time. Anyway I said, which one. My wife said the new one.. Keith Shuler. Everybody in the theatre started chuckling. Heath called back to the flowershop the next Monday pissed because my wife got the wrong name on the card. "with love Keith!!" My wife told him, look guy; my husband has already been giving me a hard time all weekend because of this.. Heath thought that was pretty funny..

Oh I also have a story about Dexter Manley. I used to work as a security officer in this condominium in McLean. The guy I worked with over there(he'd been there for 35 years) said that Dexter Manley used to come their and do coke and party with some girl that lived there. He apparently beat her ass one time and after that Manley wasn't allowed on the premises anymore. Imagine having to tell a coked up Manley that he cant come back to his girl's house anymore.

• 4 years later...

Holy bump!. This reminds me of my days in high school flipping burgers at the Herndon Fuddruckers back in '92. After the lunch rush, it was real slow probably around 3pm. I saw two huge guys come in and order some burgers. For those that don't know, Fuddruckers offers kiddy burgers 1/5lb, and 1/3 and 1/2lb burgers. From the grill, I can't see their heads 'cause they're so damn tall as they're ordering, but once the tickets come up, one says Monte and the other says Charles. Each guy ordered two double stacked 1/2lb burgers. I threw the burgers on the grill and ran around to my boss to ask if he'd comp their meal. He said something about it already being in the register but I told him I'd pay for it. Obviously not a Redskins fan. That was the first time I say Skins outside of the football environment. Both Monte Coleman and Charles Mann are class acts. For a high school kid working a crap job, that made my day.

Archived