Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

heart

skinsdrivemecrazy

i was just watching some highlights from this past season and i can't remember a skins team with this much heart. i knew going into the seahawks game we had run out of gas, since they'd been playing play-off football for 6+ weeks, but the skins still impressed me with their effort and i was more proud of their play in that game than in any game we haved played in probably a decade.

as one of the mods said during the Redskins/Cheifs game, the Cheifs were joking around on the sideline, our team was full into it until the end. Last year was an almost magical season starting with MNF (still gives me chills to think about that game). This year better be an improvement on that. After seeing last years team, I always have faith in the team (ok, maybe I may hate Holdman). The team does indeed have heart, and I hope that gives us the edge again like it did in close games last year.

Even though initially disappointed because we had every chance to pull the major upset in that game. While disappointed I couldn't have been more proud of the boys. They should a lot of heart they weren't going to go away quiet. That is Joe Gibbs teams trademark fight to the end no matter what the score is. Even in the worst lost of the season to the Giants even though they didn't play well in any aspects of the game they fought . I thought the effort was there even if it wasn't as intense as the Giants.

When your luck is battin zero

pick your chin up off the floor

Mister you can be a hero

you can open any door

there's nothing to it

but to do it

You got to have heart

I agree. The Redskins never gave up and it was their heart that makes this season encouraging. They could have packed it in with all the adversity, injuries, strange officiating (Denver :( Tampa), but they never stopped. It was by far the most enjoyble season in a long time.

There's no question, last year was the first year I was really proud of being a skins fan in a long time. Having our boys in the mix until the end of the season and then making the playoffs was just too cool. I'd been spoiled most of my life with having a contender to root for, and the last 10 years had been exceedingly depressing. They're back, Gibbs is back and the Skins will put the fear of God into some of the teams. This is gonna be a great year to be a Skins fan. :cheers:

Archived