Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next war

headhunter39

im the perfect age too. that figures :doh:

True...although I hope I am SOOOOO wrong about the draft coming back...I have a 21 year old nephew...and I would be upset if he got drafted (or anyone else's child for that matter).

True...although I hope I am SOOOOO wrong about the draft coming back...I have a 21 year old nephew...and I would be upset if he got drafted (or anyone else's child for that matter).

well i would hate to go to a meaning less war like iraq, but if ww3 came along...i see no alternative

well i would hate to go to a meaning less war like iraq, but if ww3 came along...i see no alternative

If WW3 comes along...there probably won't be the need for a draft...it's safe to say Nukes will be used be someone...and once one person uses them then everybody will get in on it. And if someone tries to Nuke us I can tell you now Washington DC will be one of the 1st 3 cities targeted (along with LA & probably New York City).

Don't worry you ARE wrong about any draft coming back. It would never pass congress, the military doesn't want it, and there's absolutely no need for one.

I hope you're right, but with the way the world is now-a-days...who knows? things can change.

I am not saying I disagree with you but some of the signs aren't looking promising. (The war on terrorism & Military recruitment is down for starters).

what "jeffersonian" teachings are u implying, because the ones i was using were that mankind is born equal and naturally good

The Jeffersonian philosophy held that all men had the right to be informed, and thus, to have a say in the government. The protection and expansion of human liberty was one of the chief goals of the Jeffersonians.

PNAC is a group of individuals working to inform and have a "say" in goverment,they also work to promote human liberty...sometimes at the point of a gun ;)

If WW3 comes along...there probably won't be the need for a draft...it's safe to say Nukes will be used be someone...and once one person uses them then everybody will get in on it. And if someone tries to Nuke us I can tell you now Washington DC will be one of the 1st 3 cities targeted (along with LA & probably New York City).

i wouldnt say that, because thats what they were worried about during korea, and everything worked out. if ww3 comes around i think that, as long as we have a good president, no nukes will be used by us and if someone else tries to use one it will get intercepted.

u cant tell me that living near china and n. korea, both of whom hate japan, that japan hasnt or isnt developing an anti missle system. and ours will get better with better technology

The Jeffersonian philosophy held that all men had the right to be informed, and thus, to have a say in the government. The protection and expansion of human liberty was one of the chief goals of the Jeffersonians.

PNAC is a group of individuals working to inform and have a "say" in goverment,they also work to promote human liberty...sometimes at the point of a gun ;)

"The protection and expansion of human liberty was one of the chief goals of the Jeffersonians"- i dont see how that relates to promoting america as leader of the "free world"

I hope you're right, but with the way the world is now-a-days...who knows? things can change.

I am not saying I disagree with you but some of the signs aren't looking promising. (The war on terrorism & Military recruitment is down for starters).

Ehh....

Military recruitment isn't down that much and what about the WOT?

And where are these signs?

Remember after 9/11, military recruitment shot up. If someone else was stupid enough to attack us (especially if it was a country or state sponsered), military recruitment again would shoot up. If someone was stupid enough to invade us, again there'd be no need for a draft because the militrary would more than likely be swamped with new recruits.

If we were going to attack another country like we did Iraq, I still don't see the need for a draft. Just increase the troop number. How many are in Iraq right now? 130,000 or so? That's out of 1.4+ million (all branches) excluding reserves and the guard....

BACK ON TOPIC:

I'm going to go with

1. Canada

2. Greenland

3. Paraguay

4. Nepal

The new axis of evil

Syria, Sudan, and Iran are also possibilities....

well we are already at war with france...according to bill o'reilly:doh:

and watch out for those tricky nepalians

Ehh....

Military recruitment isn't down that much and what about the WOT?

And where are these signs?

Remember after 9/11, military recruitment shot up. If someone else was stupid enough to attack us (especially if it was a country or state sponsered), military recruitment again would shoot up. If someone was stupid enough to invade us, again there'd be no need for a draft because the militrary would more than likely be swamped with new recruits.

If we were going to attack another country like we did Iraq, I still don't see the need for a draft. Just increase the troop number. How many are in Iraq right now? 130,000 or so? That's out of 1.4+ million (all branches) excluding reserves and the guard....

we have over 1 million people in the armed services, but thats not how many are combat units.

i wouldnt say that, because thats what they were worried about during korea, and everything worked out. if ww3 comes around i think that, as long as we have a good president, no nukes will be used by us and if someone else tries to use one it will get intercepted.

u cant tell me that living near china and n. korea, both of whom hate japan, that japan hasnt or isnt developing an anti missle system. and ours will get better with better technology

I doubt we would be the first to use them, but the SDI system (according to a CNN report)is only working 50% of the time during their test runs

In fact it's not even nukes I am really worried about right now...Madeline Albright but it best a couple of nights ago when she said if one of these tests goes wrong or (God forbid) actually works out and one of those missles nails Tokyo...it's going to be WW3 no question about it.

I mean the North Koreans are saying even if sanctions are imposed they will interpret them as an act of war.

"The protection and expansion of human liberty was one of the chief goals of the Jeffersonians"- i dont see how that relates to promoting america as leader of the "free world"

Compare the human liberties enjoyed in the countries we have conquered during our leadership of the world to most any others...It is almost poetic justice.

I doubt we would be the first to use them, but the SDI system (according to a CNN report)is only working 50% of the time during their test runs

In fact it's not even nukes I am really worried about right now...Madeline Albright but it best a couple of nights ago when she said if one of these tests goes wrong or (God forbid) actually works out and one of those missles nails Tokyo...it's going to be WW3 no question about it.

I mean the North Koreans are saying even if sanctions are imposed they will interpret them as an act of war.

time to take a trip to canada:cool:

Compare the human liberties enjoyed in the countries we have conquered during our leadership of the world to most any others...It is almost poetic justice.

u mean like vietnam or iraq or afgahnistan? maybe it was poetic justice when we used the cia to oust leaders of iran and venezuala and cuba and other countries during the 50's and put in place pro american leaders who went on to become ruthless and kill thousands if not millions of their own people

Perhaps you should read them,rather than assuming based on a term?

1st link:

Unilateral U.S. rule may no longer be an option today. But the United States can certainly lead an international occupation force under U.N. auspices, with the cooperation of some Muslim nations. This would be a huge improvement in any number of lands that support or shelter terrorists. For the sake of simplicity, let's consider two: Afghanistan and Iraq.

2nd:

:doh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :wtf: :rotflmao:

Perhaps you should read them,rather than assuming based on a term?

Oh, I have

This was bit disturbing headline, don't ya think........... "The most realistic response to terrorism is for America to embrace its imperial role."

The point of the 2nd link was to expose the mindset of many neocon intellectuals.

u mean like vietnam or iraq or afgahnistan? maybe it was poetic justice when we used the cia to oust leaders of iran and venezuala and cuba and other countries during the 50's and put in place pro american leaders who went on to become ruthless and kill thousands if not millions of their own people

Ah to be 16 and niave again

The only one of those that really really failed was Iran. That to me is the biggest blunder of the 20th century and the blowback caused by toppling Mossadagh

When did we conquer Nam? ;)

Iraq ,I can give you plenty of testimony of how much more liberty they enjoy...and Afghanistan is coming along slowly from the stone age ;)

On the CIA I will concede incompetence :D

Archived