Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next war

headhunter39

Ah to be 16 and niave again

The only one of those that really really failed was Iran. That to me is the biggest blunder of the 20th century and the blowback caused by toppling Mossadagh

well u know putting castro in cuba didnt turn out well either and neither did our plan to get him out. btw, i cant believe that ****head is still alive. then there was one or two countries in south america, i think it was venezula...i dont remember but i learned about all of this stuff last semester. we also put in that one guy in south vietnam who those people didnt like, so to say that our only blunder was iran, which may have been the biggest, is an understatement

Ah to be 16 and niave again

The only one of those that really really failed was Iran. That to me is the biggest blunder of the 20th century and the blowback caused by toppling Mossadagh

Oh, I can't wait to turn 24 and be blind to injustices committed by my government.

-But hey, I mean South America hasn't embraced radical leftist thugs

-Vietnam turned out to be a smashing success

- Cuba is a liberal democracy

Oh wait......................

At least you got the Iran part right.

Perhaps you should read them,rather than assuming based on a term?

1st link:

Unilateral U.S. rule may no longer be an option today. But the United States can certainly lead an international occupation force under U.N. auspices, with the cooperation of some Muslim nations. This would be a huge improvement in any number of lands that support or shelter terrorists. For the sake of simplicity, let's consider two: Afghanistan and Iraq.

2nd:

:doh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :wtf: :rotflmao:

:laugh: #2 was funny, I guess that guy missed the part where the death star blew up a planet.

When did we conquer Nam? ;)

Iraq ,I can give you plenty of testimony of how much more liberty they enjoy...and Afghanistan is coming along slowly from the stone age ;)

On the CIA I will concede incompetence :D

ur right about nam, but we did mess things up by putting in an incompetant leader in south vietnam, who just increased vietcong support

and i only said iraq and afgahnistan because i was hoping that u would tell me who we have helped

#2 was funny

It's funny at first, but eventually you come to realization that these guys are bloody serious. The one positive thing I can say about neocons is that they can be breathtakingly honest at times.

You know what the scary thing is, Jacksonianism ( which fuels most conservative support for expansive militarism). Jacksonians make Neocons look like pacifists.

Oh, I can't wait to turn 24 and be blind to injustices committed by my government.

-But hey, I mean South America hasn't embraced radical leftist thugs

-Vietnam turned out to be a smashing success

- Cuba is a liberal democracy

Oh wait......................

At least you got the Iran part right.

Do I think it all worked? No not at all

Of course the politics of the Cold War were not about doing "good"

It was about containment. Of course we forgot to add the Chilean debacle as well support for Saddam, along with leaving Afghanistan in 1989 the way we did. I can throw support for Isreal in there also

But I am not dumb enough to think that our politicians actually thought that far ahead during the Cold War. There was one mission and one mission only, contain communism

And, seeing the Berlin Wall fall, as well Eastern Europe free itself from the shackles of communism and stalinism, it appears something worked

Do I think it all worked? No not at all

Of course the politics of the Cold War were not about doing "good"

It was about containment. Of course we forgot to add the Chilean debacle as well support for Saddam, along with leaving Afghanistan in 1989 the way we did

But I am not dumb enough to think that our politicians actually thought that far ahead during the Cold War. There was one mission and one mission only, contain communism

And, seeing the Berlin Wall fall, as well Eastern Europe free itself from the shackles of communism and stalinism, it appears something worked

ur right and i agree that we had to do some stuff to contain communism, and we did **** up badly in some cases, but the whole point is that today we are still intruding and the threat of communism is gone. yes communism still exists, but the threat is gone

Or maybe something didn't work. That something being Communism. Sure we helped quicken the fall, but don't we all agree that it was doomed from the start economically?

If you get a call for real Empire from that article you are less intelligent than I assumed...sorry I wasted both our time.

Maybe I got more out of it than you because, I am very familiar with Mr. Boot's work.

too many big words...like the guy said im naive and i dont understand what is going on in the world

Jacksonianism is essentially screw them all, lets bomb them to death type nationalism ( when it comes to foreign policy). They are not interested in democracy, just pure unabashed force. Easy enough, :)

ur right about nam, but we did mess things up by putting in an incompetant leader in south vietnam, who just increased vietcong support

and i only said iraq and afgahnistan because i was hoping that u would tell me who we have helped

We screwed up Nam by not going in to win or staying out all together,you don't wage war halfassed.

Japan,Philipines,Germany,France,Poland ,Tiawan, S Korea ect,ect

Or maybe something didn't work. That something being Communism. Sure we helped quicken the fall, but don't we all agree that it was doomed from the start economically?

surprisingly, people actually believe that the fall of the soviet union was all reagens doing. him and his "star wars" bankrupted the ussr, but they fail to realize that no one in the ussr was eating, but i guess u can give all the credit to reagen, because he is a master of influenceing and when he said "tear down this wall" everyone said "okay"

ur right and i agree that we had to do some stuff to contain communism, and we did **** up badly in some cases, but the whole point is that today we are still intruding and the threat of communism is gone. yes communism still exists, but the threat is gone

It is not the same threat today. Decisions made in 1953 by Eisenhower were based on the threat of communism spreading to Iran, and a key oil producing nation in the soviet block, not the future global war on terror 50 years later

Of course lucky is going to argue that once this threat is gone, we will come up with another one to continue the ever expanding warfare state ;)

You mean a planned economy is bound to fail. Shocked, I tell you. Sadly, SHF buys into the Reagan myth.

I should argue that its Stalinism and totalitarianism whose fall we helped hasten, however it does still exist in China (politically) and Cuba

As an economic system you are absolutley correct, however the Chineese, and Vietnameese are doing just fine under "communism" but with a capitlistic economy

If you catch my drift there, we were not fighting the economic system of communism, but the totalitarianism of it

Of course lucky is going to argue that once this threat is gone, we will come up with another one to continue the ever expanding warfare state ;)

Perpetual war for perpetual peace, brother. The sooner people learn about the threat of the military industrial complex, the better off we all will be.

Sadly, SHF buys into the Reagan myth.

Sigh

Its Friday at 11 pm, and right now I don't have time to pull up the 1000s of links and scholarly studies on Reagan's impact in hastening the fall of Soviet Communism and freeing the eastern block

But lets keep thinking all of our foriegn policy moves since WW2 (and during WW2 with the dropping of the atom bomb) were with malevolent intentions, it makes it easier to paint America as the bad guy

We screwed up Nam by not going in to win or staying out all together,you don't wage war halfassed.

Japan,Philipines,Germany,France,Poland ,Tiawan, S Korea ect,ect

that was all ww2 reconstructing including s korea, which wasnt US intrusion it was us helping to fix what the others broke

since then though we have fixed what most people didnt think was broken and we did it half assed...cuba, iran, afgahnistan, countries in africa, countries in south america

Archived