Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How legit is that depth chart that had Lumsden listed as the 3rd RB?

UpNorth

Was that just the opinion of the guy that does the webcasts or is he getting it from someone in the know?

It's just that no depth chart is up on the Redskins site, so it lead me to question where the guy that reported this depth chart got his info, and if that really is how things stand right now.

with Cartwright listed as a FB I think that Lumsden is, and will be our #3 RB. Last year we went with four RB's so there is the possibility that we go with 3 RB's and 3 FB's because of Rocks versatility and special teams play. I know it sounds ridiculous to carry 3 FB's but who knows. Lumsden looks like a legit RB who should very well in Saunders system.

with Cartwright listed as a FB I think that Lumsden is, and will be our #3 RB. Last year we went with four RB's so there is the possibility that we go with 3 RB's and 3 FB's because of Rocks versatility and special teams play. I know it sounds ridiculous to carry 3 FB's but who knows. Lumsden looks like a legit RB who should very well in Saunders system.
I don't think it's TOO ridiculous...

Clint

I really like Sellers and Lumsden. Two sleepers on the team if you ask me.

I agree. Sellers Rules and I'm hoping that Lumsden is all that we hope he is. Between him, Betts and Thrash, we've got great kick off returners. If he amounts to similiar production running the football as Betts does, he's an excellent pickup. Plus with his size, he could be used in TE sets...if he's got good hands that is.

I agree. Sellers Rules and I'm hoping that Lumsden is all that we hope he is. Between him, Betts and Thrash, we've got great kick off returners. If he amounts to similiar production running the football as Betts does, he's an excellent pickup. Plus with his size, he could be used in TE sets...if he's got good hands that is.

I think you forgot about Randle El. ;)

SO basically whatever that guy said about the depth chart on his webcast is just his opinion based on what he has seen so far? Does anyone know if he would have been given any coaches' input while putting it together?

SO basically whatever that guy said about the depth chart on his webcast is just his opinion based on what he has seen so far? Does anyone know if he would have been given any coaches' input while putting it together?

I don't know about coaches input. But I remember hearing Louis Riddick our Head Scout say that Lumsden is going to surprize us all. And you could tell by his body language he is high on the Kid. We will have to wait to see what he does with his opportunities.

cart at FB? so what about sellers?? :(

He may be listed as a FB, but he will probably play the RB role (as a backup obviously) Pretty sure Mike is still the #1 blocking back.

yeah i would think so also. mike has done a real good job for us at FB. yeah cart would be a back up for sure.

That pretty much covers it. I'd say wait until later this summer for the official depth chart to show up on redskins.com. Can't say for sure about input from the staff except knowing this staff, very unlikely.

Archived