Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where are the 6000 Troops (on the border)?

Fergasun

It sickens me to think that 84 years ago, when my grandmothers side of the family immigrated here, learn the language, worked their ass off and adopted American culture... that we've now reached a point where citizenship is just given away.

Where's the pride in bum-rushing the gates?

In my honest opinion... An immigrant with NO respect for US Laws has earned nothing more than a free trip back home.

It sickens me to think that 84 years ago, when my grandmothers side of the family immigrated here, learn the language, worked their ass off and adopted American culture... that we've now reached a point where citizenship is just given away.

Where's the pride in bum-rushing the gates?

In my honest opinion... An immigrant with NO respect for US Laws has earned nothing more than a free trip back home.

I feel the same for my parents coming here in the early 70's, legally of course. I was born and raised here, thanks to them, and their struggles (shoot, my dad is still struggling). Either way, citizenship, or even a visa to the US is tough to get, unless of course you like bum-rushing :doh:.

KAOS,

Actually in the article it says there are 453 on the border... but there are a bunch working support... so it's more a case of a misleading article. It seems there are about 2500 in support... just not that many "on the border".

KAOS,

Actually in the article it says there are 453 on the border... but there are a bunch working support... so it's more a case of a misleading article. It seems there are about 2500 in support... just not that many "on the border".

You know, we read the news. And we place so much faith on what they tell us. I am guilty as the next person of that, but in this case I have seen first hand that the news is not reporting whats going on. Not in the least. That discourages the hell out me. I don't know what's going on 500 miles from here, but I have been to the border and crossed it 3 times in the last 2 months. I have seen first hand that there are National Guard all over the place. Maybe it's just our Gov that's doing this - but I hear that AZ and TX has the same thing going on. You saw that it was covered locally, if you read the article in the other thread, but I haven't seen **** for it in the national news. Now don't get me wrong here, I am not out to support any news conspiracy thing. They just aren't paying any attention. Why would they do that?

Edit: It makes me wonder what else I've been seeing one way, and really it's another.

Annecdotal evidence might or might not be accurate KAOSkins. It probably has been improved in some areas. Just like some of the money that was supposed to be use to restore New Orleans was actually used in an appropriate and timely fashion. Have they delivered what they promised? Or was it banter to begin rallying poor poll numbers. Remember, the numbers game they played with the Iraq Militia during the election. We have 200,000 Iraqis, but don't tell them that only 3,000 of them are available, supplied and trained...

Annecdotal evidence might or might not be accurate KAOSkins. It probably has been improved in some areas. Just like some of the money that was supposed to be use to restore New Orleans was actually used in an appropriate and timely fashion. Have they delivered what they promised? Or was it banter to begin rallying poor poll numbers. Remember, the numbers game they played with the Iraq Militia during the election. We have 200,000 Iraqis, but don't tell them that only 3,000 of them are available, supplied and trained...

Hey man, I'm not an anecdote take that back. :laugh: jk

Here's the thing. I think the Feds aren't doing much at all, but at least the State is. That should be covered. You guys shouldn't have to rely on anecdote's to hear it. It doesn't have to stay on the front page of CNN for a week, but there should be some mention of it. If you read the local news, you get direct evidence of some effectiveness. Unfortunately, that comes by way of dead mexicans because they are trying to cross miles away from any roads. Between Palomas and Agua Prieta/Douglas AZ (about 200 miles or 10% of the border) I saw three seperate tethered ballons with motion sensors, two convoys of guard troops and BP trucks carrying some kind of large equipment that I couldn't tell what it was. But it looked impressive. :D

I'm not so naive as to think it's 100% effective. If some are dying others are making it. But I would like a more thorough analysis so we can see if there is a significant decrease or not. I'm paying for this at the expense of fixing some roads, etc. I suspect less people are making it across now than at any time in the last 20 years. I hope so, then I would feel like it was worth it. :2cents:

Archived