Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Manaia Brown

cartereSseLL

http://www.redskins.com/team/profile.jsp?id=6756

BrownManaia2.jpg

The Redskins signed Brown as an undrafted rookie free agent on May 1, 2006...Brown is regarded as an athletic and physical defensive lineman who has a quick first step...In 2005, he started nine of the BYU Cougars' 12 games and saw action at both defensive end and nose tackle...He was named second-team All-MWC and the team's defensive lineman of the year...

Im not super familar with him, but if he can cut the mustard welcome aboard.

I would like someone to tell me what this means from his bio

"He is married to the former Tupusina Schwenke and the couple has a son, Manaia Vaega Vaifoa."

I get the son part kinda, maybe thats just the boys name without Brown at the end. But what is the former Tupusina thing, what does that mean.

I would like someone to tell me what this means from his bio

"He is married to the former Tupusina Schwenke and the couple has a son, Manaia Vaega Vaifoa."

I get the son part kinda, maybe thats just the boys name without Brown at the end. But what is the former Tupusina thing, what does that mean.

When they got married, Tupusina had to give up her last name. Since a person is only allowed two names plus the last name, Tupusina had to surrender her first name when the son was born.

When they got married, Tupusina had to give up her last name. Since a person is only allowed two names plus the last name, Tupusina had to surrender her first name when the son was born.

I appreciate the effort, but now Im even more confused. Are you sure that people are only allowed two names plus their last name?

I appreciate the effort, but now Im even more confused. Are you sure that people are only allowed two names plus their last name?

You are allowed one extra name if somebody in your family gives one of theirs up. I know this is true because my mom told me and she also told me I'm cool.

You are allowed one extra name if somebody in your family gives one of theirs up. I know this is true because my mom told me and she also told me I'm cool.
If you have twins, you have to give up a second name too, unless they're both girls.

I'm with you dreamingwolf..... :whoknows:

See this LINK.

Brown was a very frustrating player to grade because in the first game he was graded (UNLV), he played consistently and made more plays in this game than in the next three games he was graded. He is a talented athlete with the natural strength to be a consistently disruptive force between the offensive tackles -- he can split gaps to get into the backfield to pressure the quarterback. When he bends his knees, sinks his hips, plays with leverage and uses his hands aggressively, he can lock out and gets good arm extension to hold ground vs. the offensive line run blocks -- he has flashed ability to shed and make tackles, but does not do it consistently. Overall, Brown is a player who would have been a high draft pick if he played aggressively on every snap, but he is a very inconsistent player who does not consistently play up to his ability. He has the ability to play defensive tackle for a 4-3 team and can play either defensive end or nose tackle for a 3-4 defense. Brown will be a backup defensive lineman in the NFL and will never develop into the quality starter that he has the talent to be.

I have heard very good things about his character. I hope our coaches can get his motor running, since he has all the athletic talent in the world.

Brown was the 12th ranked DT in the draft by the Sporting News Warroom, higher even than Golston, he also was one of the fastest DTs, faster even than Broderick Bunkley.

Golston is definitely the athletic freak of the bunch - not counting Broderick Bunkley who is just a monster - Golston probably has the most impressive combination of strength and speed as a DT in the draft, he could even be a pss rushing end, but I would take a flyer on Brown just because he has such athletic upside.

Cedric Killings is really a DT in a DE's body, he just doesn't have the strength to play in the gut. I hope all three of these DTs work hard, they could really upgrade our DT play, a whole hell of a lot.:2cents:

Brown was listed as the 97th best player in the draft - this NFL draft had so many guys fall so far.

Manaia Brown

DT, Brigham Young

War Room analysis

Strengths: Is a physical specimen and very athletic. Is strong, and has room to add bulk. Shows great speed and a terrific first step. Can be a two-gap nose tackle or an end in a 3-4 scheme or be a one-gap tackle in a 4-3. Can be disruptive.

Weaknesses: Shows questionable effort; sometimes disappears in games. Is a durability concern because of several shoulder injuries early in college career and a ‘05 neck injury. Must improve technique and stop relying solely on athleticism. Bottom line: Though Brown's durability and effort raise questions, he performed well during his pre-draft workouts and his athleticism and explosiveness are unquestioned. Brown is a project who will need time to develop, but he is certainly worth a fourth-round pick.

Archived