Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ben Curtis wearing Skins shirt/visor at Booz Allen Classic (golf)

carter23

my new favorite golfer

capt.7cb198cdf71a447e89ba7ff3f2f98746.booz_allen_classic_golf_mdcg114.jpg

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=2498735

Curtis' attire was more about money. He has a deal with a sponsor that requires him to wear the colors and logos of the local NFL teams at every tournament. He wasn't thrilled about wearing Baltimore Ravens purple on Thursday because he's a Cleveland Browns fan from Ohio, so the Redskins colors were a better fit all around.

"I heard a few comments yesterday, 'Where's the Redskins?' and all that good stuff," said Curtis, who plans to wear Redskins gear again Saturday and Sunday. "And it's easier to wear for me as well."

Guest BleedinBurgundyandGold
True and judging by the Ravenzsuck, one would assume you're happy he didn't want to wear the purple!

he did on thursday...

I was watching sportscenter and whom ever it was that was talking called it "Redskin Garb" short for garbage. Did anyone else catch that??

Why are so many people so defensive about what other people think of the Skins? Who cares what all these idiots think. I love that the so called experts pick us third or fourth in the division. Don't worry about it. You still have to play the games

He's a Brown's fan and sported the Raven's gear??? That's traitorous! Do the word's breach of contract mean anything to him? I'd do that before I'd wear a Dallas Star.

If anything it should have been added to the contract that we wouldn't have to wear opposing AFC North team gear. Maybe it's his agent's fault.

Guest gayformoss

Kinda off topic but my dad met Joe Thiesman at the booz allen on Saturday

He signed 2 autographs one for my 81 year old grandmother and one for my 2 1/2 year old son.

Dad said he was really nice

I acutally met him @ a skins game back in 91'

he was cool then too

yea..he def is just like Payne Stewart used to be...he has the NFL as one of his sponsors so part of the deal is to wear NFL teams nearest to the tournament. so yes..if he was in Texas he would be wearing cowboys or Texans gear...Still pretty funny he switched from the ravens b/c of being a Browns fan...

also..the tourney isn't over yet b/c of the rain....but he would need a monumental choke to lose today.....

Archived