Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Questions answered about Chris Samuels

Bhutanibeast

A little while ago, there was a thread that asked who the most overrated player on the redskins was. Many of the members on this board answered "chris Samuels." well that questions has been answered by KC Joyner. Here is an excerpt from his chat that is on ESPN.com

Sean (San Jose, Costa Rica): KC, How did Chris Samuels rank as an OT? I feel like he's always been one of most overrated players in the league...maybe your metrics tell the truth.

sn2.gifK.C. Joyner: The best word to describe Samuels is efficient. Samuels had the 2nd highest run blocking success percentage among tackles. Overall, he ranked 13th in modified yards per POA block, which is good but Jon Jansen, the Skins RT, had better number

So let us all say right not, that Chris Samuels is not overrated.

oh and here is the link to the entire chat, but you need an insider account.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=12108

samuels will be the willie roaf of the redskins line. expect to see him pulling a lot for CP this year

Samuels might be the most athletic Tackle in the league, next to Brick Ferguson now - though Chris was the LT Brick was most often compared too.

Now that Chris is putting it all together I dunno if he will ever be an ultra elite LT, but he definately is one of the best run blocking and won't hurt you in the passing game either.

Imagine if he'd played his whole career under Buges. :)

he would probably be much much better and more recognized. I remember when Jansen talked about Spurrier's offensive line system and said that he was just hoping that the Redskins would win that day, not actually believing in it.

Archived