Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should the US choose as next coach?

Kilmer17

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

None of those, I'd go for former Ajax FC and Dutch national team coach, Luis van Gaal.

Excellent record at Ajax, not so great with the Dutch national team, but he has a major chip on his shoulder. He will be very affordable also.

None of those, I'd go for former Ajax FC and Dutch national team coach, Luis van Gaal.

Excellent record at Ajax, not so great with the Dutch national team, but he has a major chip on his shoulder. He will be very affordable also.

Are you reading BigSoccer boards right now?

Eerie. His name keeps popping up as the guy with biggest temper and most to prove.

We can afford anyone. But he has to be the right guy.

Are you reading BigSoccer boards right now?

Eerie. His name keeps popping up as the guy with biggest temper and most to prove.

We can afford anyone. But he has to be the right guy.

That's weird Kilmer, I just totally came up with that name. I remembered him because I was a huge Ajax fan back when they had two Nigerian players, Kanu and Finidi. The year they won the UEFA Cup.

He is an excellent tactician and will always play players to their strengths.

Peter Nowak from United.

Are you kidding me? He will get swallowed outside of the Americas. He is not even dominating the MLS and you want to pit him against guys like Aragones, Pareira(sp)? You might as well throw in Sasha Cirowski (not sure if that's his last name, but the Terps soccer coach)

One thing is certain, soccer fans nation wide recognize that US soccer needs some international flare infused into it. Let's hope that the US Soccer Federation is thinking the same.

Participation in the Euro Leagues is why African sides seem to be getting better a lot quicker. The US did lose an exhibition game to a Morocco side that didn't make the World Cup.

I understand the American love for everything American and homegrown, but soccer is truly the most international of all sports and we need to join the rest of the world at their game and not be so stuck in the American way. It really is not a sell out, ask Ghanaians if they care that 85% of the team play in the Europe or somewhere outside Ghana.

Kilmer sorry if I'm switching your thread up... :eaglesuck

Whoever tells Donovan to man up and go play in Europe to get better.

He can take his girlfriend with him.

I can almost guarentee that Klinsmann will tell Donovan to go to Europe or he wont see the pitch in RW&B again.

I think Klinsmann will take the job, but I'm not sure he is the right man. I like the idea of him taking over, but I also think we need someone with a great track record. Whoever it is, it's for damn certain it needs to be an International who can overhaul US Soccer from the bottom up. As someone already mentioned, we have to adapt to the international game, not try to beat them American style. Our creativity, first touch, passing, and outside shooting were abysmal in this Cup. These are things we have to fix in the youth programs. Euro clubs would be more willing to sign our younger players if they're playing the game the way Euros play, this is what we need most.

US Soccer took great strides under Arena, but he clearly can't take us to the next level. Hopefully, Jurgen learns a few things from the German program and is up to the challenge. I love his attacking style, exactly what we need. Will he be a good teacher/communicator/motivator?

I completely agree about Donovan. If he doesn't want to leave his comfort zone in SoCal, he won't be leaving it in June of '10.

No worries.

It should be noted though that there has NEVER been a team win the world cup with a foreign born head coach.

Not saying that is a reason to not look for a foreigner, just pointing it out.

I'll cede that, however we can count on our fingers the number of teams that have won the Mundial and most of the candidates being tossed around are from those same countries. van Gaal though, is from a country famous for memorable world cup losses... No offense to any Dutch fans out there.

Archived