Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steelers' Holmes arrested again, charged with domestic violence

PCRoughrider

June 19, 2006

CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Santonio Holmes was charged with domestic violence early Monday, police said.

Holmes was arrested at an apartment just after midnight and taken to Franklin County Jail, Sgt. Loucious Hollis said. He is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday morning.

Hollis confirmed the domestic violence charge against Holmes, but declined to say who made the complaint or provide details of the allegation.

A message left for the Steelers by the Associated Press was not immediately returned.

It was Holmes' second arrest since being selected in the first round of the NFL Draft. He was arrested in Miami Beach, Fla., for disorderly conduct during a Memorial Day weekend crackdown by local authorities.

Steelers coach Bill Cowher criticized Holmes the following week, but said he wouldn't hold the incident against the former Ohio State receiver.

"Whatever he did wrong, I don't think he handled it properly," Cowher said then. "I think he'll learn from it and understand the scrutiny he's under. We have not talked face to face about it. I don't have any long-term concerns."

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2005-2006, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9514772

so how about those steeler fans not missing ARE at all? They go from a veteran known as a great community guy to a rookie arrested twice before training camp

Yeah, and with ARE we have to remember he had never ever ever played WR before the NFL, so all of his success has come in about 3 years of playing about as much of a position change as one could have. QB 2 WR is way diff than RB 2 WR.

Not only are they missing ARE, I bet they are missing Chad Jackson and Sinorice moss :laugh: Mel Kiper was saying at the draft he was blown away that they didn't draft jackson over Holmes, oh wells not everyone has Gibbs grading out talent.:cool:

I posted this after his first arrest and it still seems appropriate.

I wonder how the media would be treating the Redskins FO if it had been the Redskins who let a classy guy (who also happened to be a Super Bowl hero) like ARE go and then go out and waste a draft pick on Santonio Holmes?

Classy bunch those Steelers. :rolleyes:

Archived