Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dukes problems continue

skinsbuck

:laugh::D I hate the Blue Devils!!

DURHAM, N.C. - Former Duke University basketball star J.J. Redick was arrested early Tuesday and charged with drunken driving, police said.

Redick, the all-time leading scorer in the Atlantic Coast Conference and a likely first-round draft choice in this month's NBA draft, was arrested about 1 a.m. after making an illegal U-turn to avoid a police checkpoint, police said.

Durham police were conducting a license checkpoint at South LaSalle Street near Kangaroo Drive when officers saw a 2005 Toyota SUV approach the checkpoint and turn around, police said.

Officers got behind the vehicle and stopped it in the parking lot of Belmont Apartments on McQueen Drive. Redick's blood-alcohol content registered 0.11 percent, above the state's legal limit of 0.08 percent, police said. He also was charged with making an illegal U-turn and was released on a $1,000 bond, police said.

There were several passengers in the vehicle, police said.

I always thought Redick was a douche and a braggart (and a bad poet). And on a side note, am I the only one who thinks that Duke players always seem like total candy asses?

Yes, that's why there's a Duke curse. They deliver great college players to the NBA, but none of them reach expectations. Although Elton Brand is dominate.

Guest sith lord
Don't get me wrong, no one should drink and drive, but .11 BAC is nothing. He could've most likely gone through that checkpoint w/out a problem.

BTW- "License checks" = BS

It is something. "Buzz driving is drunk driving."

Don't get me wrong, no one should drink and drive, but .11 BAC is nothing. He could've most likely gone through that checkpoint w/out a problem.

BTW- "License checks" = BS

What ya got to hide?:D Like to drink a few before ya hit the road?

What ya got to hide?:D Like to drink a few before ya hit the road?

lol- no, I just know the statistics behind "road stops" and "license checks" and the racial profiling that goes on behind both.

And when I said that .11 is nothing, I didn't mean it was NOTHING, I just meant that it's pretty silly that he got arrested for having .03 more than the legal limit. That's like one extra beer.

PS, someone alert Mjah to this thead. Im sure he'll get a kick out of it.

Sorry I'm late to the thread. I was eavesdropping on ESPN's secret meeting with Dook Vitale and Roach K to finalize the story arc for next year's basketball tournament.

What did I miss?

Archived