Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any dentistry schools in the area looking for a patient to "practice on"?

Slateman

*sigh* wisdom teeth are errupting. I've actually needed to have them removed for a few years now, but I never had dental insurance. Now they're really starting to hurt. Figures it would start on a three day weekend :mad:

So .. . . . any dentistry schools that might do this on the cheap as practice? Or am I gonna need to get a loan from my uncle to pay for this crap?

I understand that Howard has a good dentistry school, and I knew a guy who had all his dental work done there.

I dug up the phone number: 202 806 0440.

U of Maryland has one in Baltimore: (410) 706-7917

That's all I got, so I hope it helps. :cheers:

Ya could always join the military ...they jerk em out quickly and free ;)

Seriously there are bound to be some schools or clinics in the area though.

Wisdom teeth suck.

Ya could always join the military ...they jerk em out quickly and free ;)

Seriously there are bound to be some schools or clinics in the area though.

Wisdom teeth suck.

I leave for boot camp at the end of August . . .

It bothered me so much on Friday night/Saturday morning that I woke up after about two and ahalf hours and proceeded to speed to the 24 hour pharmacy and buy some orajel. That, and one and a half other tubes, have been used. Actually, it feels better recently. I'm betting tomorrow it'll be fine and not hurt at all . . . :mad:

I leave for boot camp at the end of August . . .

It bothered me so much on Friday night/Saturday morning that I woke up after about two and ahalf hours and proceeded to speed to the 24 hour pharmacy and buy some orajel. That, and one and a half other tubes, have been used. Actually, it feels better recently. I'm betting tomorrow it'll be fine and not hurt at all . . . :mad:

unfortunately, the military is not a quick anser to your problem. when i joined the army, i needed work done ASAP, and had to wait through basic, AIT, and then it wasn't until i was assigned to my permanent duty station.:mad: they do this to prevent people from joining up to get free surgery, just to drop out after surgery.

also, if you go to the ER, they will hook you up with vicodin for a week or so, and by then the teeth usually quit hurting.....trust me, i know from experience, i spent many days and night wide awake from tooth pain, the worst pain in the world.

besides, vicodin is your friend, it's like magic for a tootache.

unfortunately, the military is not a quick anser to your problem. when i joined the army, i needed work done ASAP, and had to wait through basic, AIT, and then it wasn't until i was assigned to my permanent duty station.:mad: they do this to prevent people from joining up to get free surgery, just to drop out after surgery.

also, if you go to the ER, they will hook you up with vicodin for a week or so, and by then the teeth usually quit hurting.....trust me, i know from experience, i spent many days and night wide awake from tooth pain, the worst pain in the world.

besides, vicodin is your friend, it's like magic for a tootache.

Vicodin costs money :(

Its only cheap if you have a health care/Rx plan :P.

Is it really dentists that do this? The guy I went to was an "Oral Surgeon".

Is that a profession obtained through med school or is it achieved through dentistry school?

Does it matter? I don't have insurance for either. And I do know that the last time I went to the dentist he said that he would pull them out when it was time.

Does it matter? I don't have insurance for either. And I do know that the last time I went to the dentist he said that he would pull them out when it was time.

Isn't dental insurance just a glorified discount card? I don't have it because it looked like a total scam when I looked into it... Besides, the owner of my bar is buddies with the dentist I go to so he gives me half off anyways.

I'm having a hard time believing that a prescription medicine costs less than a bottle of Advil.

believe or don't believe all you want. always go generic - same medicine dirt cheap. you'd be surprised how many meds are cheaper in prescription form....tylox is $12 for about a month if you took every dose every day, while tylenol every dose every day would be $15 or more.

my last prescription for vicodin cost me $7 and some change, and it lasted me 3 weeks.

you have a perscription/health care plan.

People who don't have to pay ridiculous money for a perscription.

I DO NOT HAVE INSURANCE OR A PRESCRIPTION PLAN, I"M POOR!!!!! go call a pharmacy, or ask someone who has taken vicodin, it doesn't cost ****......insurance is a scam and only idiots pay $300+ a month for something they wouldn't spend $300 a year out of pocket for. i always buy generic, that's the point, it's not name brand, so it is cheaper than dog ****, and does the exact same thing. you can raise hell about pfizer and all them other con artists all you want, they dont make the generics. i'm sure name brand vicodin is expensive, but i don't waste money on a name.

the last insurance plan i looked into for me and my wife and 2 kids, would've been $375 a month, from a company called starbridge, who i have never even heard of..........when i go to the doc and pay out of pocket, it's $60. therefor, to justify the cost of insurance, my family would have to go to the doc at least 7 times a month just to make it worth it, it's ridiculous, insurance is a scam. and my kids are covered by uncle sam, so it's all good, i'll just keep paying as i need to.

I DO NOT HAVE INSURANCE OR A PRESCRIPTION PLAN, I"M POOR!!!!! go call a pharmacy, or ask someone who has taken vicodin, it doesn't cost ****......insurance is a scam and only idiots pay $300+ a month for something they wouldn't spend $300 a year out of pocket for. i always buy generic, that's the point, it's not name brand, so it is cheaper than dog ****, and does the exact same thing. you can raise hell about pfizer and all them other con artists all you want, they dont make the generics. i'm sure name brand vicodin is expensive, but i don't waste money on a name.

the last insurance plan i looked into for me and my wife and 2 kids, would've been $375 a month, from a company called starbridge, who i have never even heard of..........when i go to the doc and pay out of pocket, it's $60. therefor, to justify the cost of insurance, my family would have to go to the doc at least 7 times a month just to make it worth it, it's ridiculous, insurance is a scam. and my kids are covered by uncle sam, so it's all good, i'll just keep paying as i need to.

I truly understand where you're coming from but let's say you get hit by a car (God forbid) and have to stay in the hospital for a while, that's where the true benefit comes in.

Archived