Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Eagles' Grasmanis Retires

jimster

DT Grasmanis Retires From Eagles

http://sports.iwon.com/news/05232006/v8506.html

May 23, 5:23 PM (ET) Email this Story

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Philadelphia Eagles defensive tackle Paul Grasmanis retired on Tuesday, ending a 10-year NFL career filled with injuries.

Grasmanis joined the Eagles in 2000, and made 126 tackles and 10½ sacks in 54 games in Philadelphia. He played just eight games over the last three seasons, missing most of 2003 and 2005 with a torn Achilles' tendon.

Grasmanis spent his first three seasons in Chicago after being selected by the Bears in the fourth round of the 1996 draft. After he was released by Chicago, Grasmanis spent one week with St. Louis and finished the 1999 season in Denver.

Well the Grassman wasn't great but wasn't horrible. He was servicable. You will be missed. But only a little.

older player=teacher, locker room leader. I think he will be missed, somewhat more than a little, but not much more than that.

[Westbrook36]Grasmanis is a first-ballot hall of famer. Incredible talent. Would have had 20 sacks a season if he'd stayed healthy.[/Westbrook36]

No. He is leaving so now I have to devalue his importance to the team.

Grasmanis? Who needs him? Guy couldn't stay healthy and is taking up room that a guy like Kenyotta Marshall, who is tearing up the World League, can adequatly fill.

No. He is leaving so now I have to devalue his importance to the team.

Grasmanis? Who needs him? Guy couldn't stay healthy and is taking up room that a guy like Kenyotta Marshall, who is tearing up the World League, can adequatly fill.

You're just not quite right silly phily fan

Archived