Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Republican Vision of America

Burgold

It's slowly coming into focus: The Republican Vision for America. It was a mult-tiered complex plan, but let me lay it out.

Premise 1: Jobs in America are costing Americans too much money:

a) Unions are bad for the economy and costing companies too much money.

Solution: Shift most of all manufacturing to nations with no unions and cheaper wages. This will cause a significant discount by allowing cheaper products and increase corporate earnings. Win-win.

B) Salaries for high skilled workers are escalating in a fashion that impact profits.

Solution: Fascilitate through tax incentives out-sourcing. Jobs will be serviced at a much lower wage. This will provide increased value to the economy at a significant cost discount.

c) Some jobs have to be done locally. Americans working causes corporate strain.

Solution: Guest worker cards. Sell the notion that Americans are lazy bums who do not want to work or will not do the type of tasks available. Replace workforce with illegal aliens at discounted wage.

d) Americans work too hard

Solution: See above

Please note this was done semi-tongue in cheek, but it does lay out pretty well, doesn't it?

Not a bad thought, though I would say the Republican Vision of America is now the same as the Democratic. The interests of American citizens are now second in importance to the way America and American's are viewed by the rest of the world. Now from all sides of the isle and political spectrum, I feel that Congress, The President, everyone elected looks down upon us as being stupid and easily manipulated. They are too comfortable and are taking their ingrained-incumbent status for granted. Obviously I feel they do this at their own peril. The Founding Fathers never intended to have career politicians. Open your eyes and you will see why.

I agree with you but my main problem is with politicians in general even if my disappointment with the GOP might be the greatest.

I'm not sure if "vision" is the right word to use here... It seems Republicans are only concerned with individual decisions, not whether these decisions integrate into a coherent whole :)

It's tough when you have so many people paying and only one Congress ;)

I just wish I would actually see "the better way" that Tim Kaine promised the nation. Instead all I keep seeing is negative jibes at the Republicans and the blame game. Sadly, I've come to expect it nowadays.

When the Democrats win the next presidential election, and they have 8 years in office, you'll see Republicans come up with the same type of stuff. The partisan stuff really is ridiculous. And I'm sure the person who wrote this is the same kind of person who would spit venom at a Republican who came up with the "Democratic Vision of America."

Each side is hypocritical and there is far too much Republican vs Democrat, Conservative vs. Liberal, I'm right because you're wrong garbage out there. Neither side is really willing to compromise, and a person from one party actually gets something done, is able to hash out a compromise, they didn't do enough. I see far too much of the "This is why the plan is wrong..." without seeing much, "And here's how to fix it..."

I don't think that we're going to solve any of the problems in this country with one of the two major parties in power. Unfortunately, no independent is going to garner enough support to knock one of them out. Republicans and Democrats alike have to try so hard not to alienate their base that they can't really even say what they think.

Somebody told me once: We have far too many politicians and not enough statesmen.

It's slowly coming into focus: The Democratic Vision for America. It was a mult-tiered complex plan, but let me lay it out.

Premise 1: Jobs in America are costing Americans too much money:

a) Because of Bush and his cronies.

Solution: Impeachment.

B) Salaries for high skilled workers are escalating in a fashion that impact profits.

Solution: Higher taxes, redistribution.

c) Some jobs have to be done locally. Americans working causes corporate strain.

Solution: Guest worker cards. Sell the notion that Americans are lazy bums who do not want to work or will not do the type of tasks available. Replace workforce with illegal aliens at discounted wage.

d) Americans work too hard

Solution: See above

Please note this was done semi-tongue in cheek, but it does lay out pretty well, doesn't it?

There, you only have to change a couple of words...

There, you only have to change a couple of words...

For some reason, that made me think of the Political Ice Cream thread froma couple of years ago. Some of those flavors were pretty funny.

Clinton Im-Peaches and Cream... or something like that.

I like it. Shoot the messenger. Disregard the message. :D It's a useful tactic.

...Besides, I'm allergic to venom. :)

I didn't say you were wrong, but I did choose to disregard the actual words when writing my reply. I'm talking about partisan spirit. I really couldn't care less what your message was.

I think that our children need a politcal party of their own, because I don't see anyone looking out for their interests.

Cuts in education to fund tax cuts for old rich people.

Increased obligations to pay for seniors' future drug benefits with no funding plan other than future borrowing.

Relaxing of environmental regulations that are already too weak to give short term breaks on everything from coal emmissions to gasoline emmissions.

Committing the country to provide for the long term security of countries a half a globe away that have never had stability. The young are the ones shedding their blood.

Letting the National Debt rise $8 Trillion dollars while reducing tax revenues to lowest levels (as % of GDP) since before 1962. Don't worry the kids will pay for it, besides we need the money for our SUV's and retirement plans.

I think that our children need a politcal party of their own, because I don't see anyone looking out for their interests.

Cuts in education to fund tax cuts for old rich people.

Increased obligations to pay for seniors' future drug benefits with no funding plan other than future borrowing.

Relaxing of environmental regulations that are already too weak to give short term breaks on everything from coal emmissions to gasoline emmissions.

Committing the country to provide for the long term security of countries a half a globe away that have never had stability. The young are the ones shedding their blood.

Letting the National Debt rise $8 Trillion dollars while reducing tax revenues to lowest levels (as % of GDP) since before 1962. Don't worry the kids will pay for it, besides we need the money for our SUV's and retirement plans.

You had me with the opening sentence and then I think Al Gore logged in under your username and finished the thought

You had me with the opening sentence and then I think Al Gore logged in under your username and finished the thought

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: help me I've fallen in Al Gore's clutches and I can't get up.

Or just give me a tax break and I'll pull myself up.

Archived