Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Preseason tickets

skinsn24

Yo anyone here looking to give away preseason tickets. i Know they say they are worth the same amount as a regular but who really beleives that. I go to college in wisconsin so im not home to go to the reg season games. I am also i college kids so im not lookin to spend big bucks on a nothing preason game. Just wondering if anyone wants to hook it up

under 50 sounds decent, but more is not worht it. I mean lets be real it means NOTHING and is a free bonus with ur season tickets

If its game 3 or 4 of the preseason at home then its worth over $100/pair IMO because the starters play 3/4 the game usually, and if you get game 4 at home, they play pretty much the whole game. The 1st and 2nd games we all know, the scrubs play mostly. Thats how i feel about it being a season ticket holder.

Also you have to remember the season ticket holders, who are willing to sell you

THEIR tickets, have to pay full pop for the preseason, THEY ARE NOT FREE and they are no BONUS, and we dont have a choice, if you dont want preseason games, they will not sell you regular season tickets alone,... i dont think that trying to get at least 1/3 of what we paid is outrageous, a little more for 3rd and 4 games ,still eating money, so YOU can goto a game at our expense. :2cents:

If its game 3 or 4 of the preseason at home then its worth over $100/pair IMO because the starters play 3/4 the game usually, and if you get game 4 at home, they play pretty much the whole game. The 1st and 2nd games we all know, the scrubs play mostly. Thats how i feel about it being a season ticket holder.

Also you have to remember the season ticket holders, who are willing to sell you

THEIR tickets, have to pay full pop for the preseason, THEY ARE NOT FREE and they are no BONUS, and we dont have a choice, if you dont want preseason games, they will not sell you regular season tickets alone,... i dont think that trying to get at least 1/3 of what we paid is outrageous, a little more for 3rd and 4 games ,still eating money, so YOU can goto a game at our expense. :2cents:

Thanks DButz65 for clearing it up about how season ticket holders get screwed on the regular season pricing of preseason games. I'm actually looking forward to the Jets game. Will get to see a lot of Campbell and will see how Ramsey does with the Jets.

THEY ARE NOT FREE and they are no BONUS

Definitely worth repeating. I agree that the product is clearly not at the same level as the regular season games, but we as season ticket holders do have to pay full price for them.

If people do want to look at them as free, then they should also accept the face value for a regular season ticket as 1 1/4 times the price on the ticket.

This year I'll pay $79 for each ticket, 10 games including pre-season, 790$. If the two pre-season tickets are somehow considered free, then I'm paying $790 for 8 tickets, which comes to a "face value" of $98.75 per ticket.

By the way, this year, I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of Jason Campbell in the pre-season. I'm actually also interested in seeing Collins run the offense also, since he knows it well.

Looking at pre-season games only in regards to how much you see the starters is missing quite a bit. There are quite a few things to pay attention to each pre-season.

That's not to say the games are worth what they cost, but

there is a lot to watch in those games, and it's easier to isolate and focus on a player or players when you're at the game.

The TV coverage and commentary for pre-season games is ridiculous. The "semi-pro" announcers have their prepared pre-season statements and comments and occasionally point out something that's actually happening on the field, but for the most part it's non-stop jabbering about anything but the game. Being there is a much better experience, in my opinion.

Definitely worth repeating. I agree that the (pre-season) product is clearly not at the same level as the regular season games, but we as season ticket holders do have to pay full price for them.

If people do want to look at them as free, then they should also accept the face value for a regular season ticket as 1 1/4 times the price on the ticket.

I agree, except that I would give SOME value to the pre-season tix. In my mind, the regular season ticket's actual cost is face plus 20% (i.e. 1 1/5 times the face value).

This year I'll pay $79 for each ticket, 10 games including pre-season, 790$. If the two pre-season tickets are somehow considered free, then I'm paying $790 for 8 tickets, which comes to a "face value" of $98.75 per ticket.

I think you're selling yourself short. You're forgetting the tax that used to be included in the face value of a ticket in previous years, but which Snyder has instead added onto the invoice. This makes a $79 ticket an $87 ticket. Add to that the "pre-season tax" (so to speak), and you're looking at over three figures per seat per game, for upper deck sidelines, first 15 rows, after adding another 20% or 25%, whichever.

The 4th game they usually play one drive and thats it. Game 3 is the money game.

I think you're selling yourself short. You're forgetting the tax that used to be included in the face value of a ticket in previous years, but which Snyder has instead added onto the invoice. This makes a $79 ticket an $87 ticket. Add to that the "pre-season tax" (so to speak), and you're looking at over three figures per seat per game, for upper deck sidelines, first 15 rows, after adding another 20% or 25%, whichever.

Thanks Mark. Very true. I just blocked the additional tax this year right out of my mind.

Archived