Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What team are you most afraid of?

Goaldeje

Cool. So when Tampa Bay put up more yards then you, by far, in the playoff game, they beat themselves, right?

Whatever helps you sleep at night, Westy. If you are going to compare our defensive performance in Tampa to KC's defensive performance against us, then you've got some serious issues.

You rationalize everything, jrock. I'm just trying to nail you down on something since you keep changing the subject. When a Skins player fumbles, they beat themselves. When you put up a lot of yards and lose, you beat yourself.

Is that the jist?

You rationalize everything, jrock. I'm just trying to nail you down on something since you keep changing the subject. When a Skins player fumbles, they beat themselves. When you put up a lot of yards and lose, you beat yourself.

Is that the jist?

Forget it, WB. Just keep thinking Bunkley is already the DROY, and keep salivating over his naked pic. Leave the arguing to the nonhomers. Thanks.

Teams that scare me (NOTE: I'm only talking about NFC teams being that we went 0-4 last year vs the AFC and STILL made the playoffs-- we go to the Superbowl, then I'll worry about the AFC).

NFCE- NYG: Maybe it was overconfidence on our part (see last team that scares me) and just playing flat, but the Giants were the ONLY team last year to throttle us (granted only in one of 2 games). If Tiki and Eli are ON, then they are VERY tough. A healthy D and you got a potentially scary team. The G-Men if they can counter our 3 WR threat with some corners and if Arrington can look like Lavar from 2001 and not 2004-2005, this could be a very strong team. Plus, Sinorce Moss to me was a steal in the draft.

Seahawks- To get to the SB, WE MUST AVOID PLAYING IN SEATTLE.

So we have to have a better record and that will be tough with their schedule. If we get them at FedEx in the playoffs.....we win. If we go to Seattle, odds aren't good we get to the next round.

TB- To me the most "mirror image" that we face. We have a awesome defense- they have a awesome D. Great RB's, you get the idea. Tampa in the 2 games were the 2 most physical games we played last year (yes, even more physical than the Philly season finale). They are a solid team and a challenge no matter where we will see them.

The Washington Redskins- When the world was against us (Dallas, Tampa, Philly) we played hard. We started to win (49ers) big and I think the team (and the fan base as well- see Raiders game) got complacent.....We play hard all year (and cheer hard 12th MAN !!!!!!!!!!) we will be a very difficult team to beat at home or even away. :point2sky

HTTR :cheers:

Forget it, WB. Just keep thinking Bunkley is already the DROY, and keep salivating over his naked pic. Leave the arguing to the nonhomers. Thanks.

Haha, it's funny when someone ACTUALLY calls you on a ridiculous statement. With this being a Skins board, you get more leniency then you would in the real world for making such preposterous statements.

Haha, it's funny when someone ACTUALLY calls you on a ridiculous statement. With this being a Skins board, you get more leniency then you would in the real world for making such preposterous statements.

The thing is, you're the only one who thinks its preposterous...probably because you just can't figure it out.

:dunce:

To answer the asked question:

Of course Indianapolis is a team to be respected. I also think Jacksonville is a team that, when healthy, can cause a lot of problems, especially if Matt Jones breaks out this year, which I think he will.

Carolina now has a double threat at WR, so they'll be tough. The Saints are a team that concerns me, especially with a new coach and that double-headed monster they'll have in the backfield. They have ALWAYS underachieved under that goober Haslett and with that clown Brooks at QB; if Peyton is any good and Brees is healthy, they'll suprise a lot of folks this year.

I fear Dallas...period.

I hate them but how can you not.

They "have" the weapons on both sides of the ball and their D only got better. I hate em but i respect them.

The Giants I think will do some damage as well though..upgraded D....steady O and ELI with another year under his belt. I think the sky is the limit for the Giants...they will ride or die on Eli..just like we will on Brunell though. ....the eagles........i'd be shocked if they didnt finish last.

They will get McNabb back but who will he throw the ball to? He wasnt exactly Tom Brady before the injury - Westbrooke will be on IR by week 5 and they refuse to draft/sign a RB who is remotely durable. And the fact that they have anointed Bunkley as the next Warren Sapp is sheer comedy....i remember when Mike Mamula was selected to the probowl before the season even started!!!

The movie Invinceable does look good though...cant wait for that!!

one needs to respect their rivals abilities and strengths but fearing them puts you at a disadvantage.

look at terry glenn. does just great against other teams but cant seem to catch a ball in front of Sean Taylor. because hes AFRAID of him.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: My thoughts exactly. We should respect the Gnats. They play us tough and have a solid team on both sides of the ball.

Well for this arguement that seems to be going on : A team can beat itself if it does not do its job correctly but the other team can also outplay the other to win. Either way, a Win is a Win no matter how you get it.

Im most afraid of the Giants, an offense that can score and got some experience and a defense that has improved during the offseason. Of course, I wouldnt be afraid of them if it was in the playoffs :laugh:

Lovin' the SIG.... sick!

After seeing this thread and another since I got back, I think Jrockster and Westbrook36 should duke it out in a ring.

I would say you always have to fear the Colts because, playoffs aside they seem capable of putting up 35 on any defense. I guess we'll see if that's still true without James and Vanderjagt.

As for the cowboys, in all honesty I really don't see why they're getting all of this hype as such an improved team. Their biggest issues last year haven't changed. They got TO, but their WR corps wasn't all that bad. Is it improved with TO? I would say yes. It still comes back to their issues, same as last year. An all world WR isn't going to help any team win more games unless the QB has time to throw, the RB is a threat, and the O-line can hold up. I just don't see how any of these areas improved for the cowboys. They'll get an older Flozell back, Drew Bledsoe is still a statue, their RB's are still prone to getting knicked up. Where are they going to get the extra push from?

That being said, and risking the attacks by our resident eagles and giants fans, I'll say my favorite line.

The Skins schedule was the hardest in the NFC East last year and we still went farther than any team in the NFC East.

The eagles did nothing to address their lack of solid skill position players. The giants got a good LB and a couple of serviceable defenders, but still have to face an improved NFC with an older Stahan and an older Tiki. They did nothing to improve their O-line.

The only team I really fear facing is the Panthers (can't remember if that's in Carolina or at Fed-Ex). I also feel like I'm sleeping a bit on the Falcons, that seems like the kind of game that looks like a win on paper, but could end up being an embarrassing loss due to poor execution or whatever on the field. Playing Indy could be tough, but I don't think their defense is anything to get too worried about, and playing the Bucs could be difficult but their offense shouldn't be too hard to contain as long as Taylor can stay in the game and we can put up over 20-24 points on them. Playing in Dallas and New York are probably the two scariest games though, I wouldn't be awfully surprised at losing either of those, and I'm sure it'll be a tough game in Philly.

i'm not afraid of facing any team, but i see certain teams posing as more of challenge for us then others. to me, these'll be the tough teams besides our NFC East opponents.

- Carolina (Their defense and the Smith/Johnson combo)

- New Orleans (yes i said it, Drew Brees and Deuce McAllister alone will be tough)

- Indianapolis (if we can't produce enough of a pass rush, manning could pick us apart)

- Tampa Bay (always seems to be a tough game for us)

- Jacksonville (playoff team, still a good team)

The rest I think we should be able to handle without too much difficulty. But you never know in football.

Hail!

Archived