Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What team are you most afraid of?

Goaldeje

Alright, seeing as how most of us in ATN are NFC East fans, we all play basically the same teams. So, excluding NFC East teams, who are you most afraid of facing this next year from the AFC South and the NFC South? And why?

I'll start, and go with the Panthers. Having added a viable WR threat opposite Steve Smith in Keyshaun scares me some. Add to that they have a very impressive running game, and I think we will have our hands full. On defense, Julius Peppers flat out frightens me. Jansen is a mauler, but not an athletic freak like Peppers, and unfortunately, that's Brunell's blind side. I can see Peppers getting around or through Jansen more than once and getting to Brunell.

So, you're turn, and please, for the LOVE OF GOD, don't let this resort to a name calling bull**** thread. Let's keep it nice and civil.

I fear no team except the washington redskins. This year in particular the only team I see stopping the skins from winning it all are the skins. I have a lot of faith in our talent and coaching staff. To hell with the panthers, seriously.

I fear no team except the washington redskins. This year in particular the only team I see stopping the skins from winning it all are the skins. I have a lot of faith in our talent and coaching staff. To hell with the panthers, seriously.

Peppers doesn't scare you, really? He's a beast. We're gonna have to scheme for him, I'm afraid, leave Fauria in there on passing downs. They don't have a great secondary, but they don't need it with their front four.

I hear you about beating ourselves, btw, but I think other teams will have a say as well. Any given Sunday...

"fear profits a man nothing"

each opponent, every week should be respected and not taken lightly. fortunately Gibbs and co. already know this. if the Skins can get over their apparent need to play down to the competition there arent many teams that can or will beat us.

our division is the roughest and closest matched in the league. obviously division games are the most important so there is a much highre level of hype and excitement for them. but im not afraid of any team.

I would fear the Giants more than anyone but in a division where all 4 teams are ones that nobody wants to play on their schedule and we have to play eachother twice a year... if as a fan of any team in this division, you dont fear aspects of every other team here theres something wrong with your brain. The Giants have a good offense and an improved defense, Dallas has a good defense and an improving offense, Philly has a solid O, good D, all pro QB. Skins have an improving offense, and a good defense.

Again, if you dont fear every team's capabilities you are either insane or mentally retarded.

I wouldn't fear anyone outside our division this year. Respect is a different story but I firmly believe that we should not lose at home this year...and hopefully the fans and team have the same mentality...cause our home schedule is tougher then our away schedule.

We could very well face the Panthers again in the playoffs. We have to beat them in the regular season to maximize the chance we get them at Fed Ex again. Its going to have to be physical smart football, much like we played against Dallas last year.

Remember Dallas went to Carolina the following week and Julius Jones rushed for 194 yards on them with their makeshift offensive line. The Panthers are good but not unbeatable.

We have to believe that if we play the way we are capable of playing, no team should beat us, particularly at Fed Ex.

I would fear the Giants more than anyone but in a division where all 4 teams are ones that nobody wants to play on their schedule and we have to play eachother twice a year... if as a fan of any team in this division, you dont fear aspects of every other team here theres something wrong with your brain. The Giants have a good offense and an improved defense, Dallas has a good defense and an improving offense, Philly has a solid O, good D, all pro QB. Skins have an improving offense, and a good defense.

Again, if you dont fear every team's capabilities you are either insane or mentally retarded.

one needs to respect their rivals abilities and strengths but fearing them puts you at a disadvantage.

look at terry glenn. does just great against other teams but cant seem to catch a ball in front of Sean Taylor. because hes AFRAID of him.

Peppers doesn't scare you, really? He's a beast. We're gonna have to scheme for him, I'm afraid, leave Fauria in there on passing downs. They don't have a great secondary, but they don't need it with their front four.

I hear you about beating ourselves, btw, but I think other teams will have a say as well. Any given Sunday...

Did I stutter?

Just when you thought the homerism couldn't be raised another notch...

I'm confident enough to say there's no team on our schedule we can't beat.

But I'm hmble enough to say that there's no garunteed wins either.

Bottomline there are a lot of good teams we play. I'm not scared of anyone, and if we do our job we'll be straight. But if we slip up we could get clipped, just like any team in the NFL.

ONLY 1 team to fear............

OURSELVES; head to head last year we only were defeated by the midgets; the rest of the losses were THE REDSKINS beating THE REDSKINS

2006` just more pieces JOE's adding to mix to PROVE once again the SUPERIORITY of a GIBBS run REDSKIN team............

look what he has done thus far when the team was ALL HIS making(year 1 was inherited team except 2 players)

"fear profits a man nothing"

each opponent, every week should be respected and not taken lightly. fortunately Gibbs and co. already know this. if the Skins can get over their apparent need to play down to the competition there arent many teams that can or will beat us.

our division is the roughest and closest matched in the league. obviously division games are the most important so there is a much highre level of hype and excitement for them. but im not afraid of any team.

Exactly. Remember when we played the 49er's? We all knew that it was a victory when we saw it on the schedule, but Gibbs made it seem like Steve Young, Joe Montana, and Jerry Rice were all playing. Never, ever look ahead like most people are looking to the Colts before we play the Titans.

Exactly. Remember when we played the 49er's? We all knew that it was a victory when we saw it on the schedule, but Gibbs made it seem like Steve Young, Joe Montana, and Jerry Rice were all playing. Never, ever look ahead like most people are looking to the Colts before we play the Titans.

Oh yeah the press conferences: look out the 49ers are coming they have more in them than their record shows. Then bam....blowout.

We could rest Brunell, Portis, Samuels, and Jansen against the Titans and still win at home.

Archived