Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LB Nick Mcneil and 3 others released

chrisbcbu

I did a search and didnt see this.

According to Redskins.com 4 players were released.

Redskins.com

May 9 LB Jashon Sykes Released

May 9 LB Nick McNeil Released

May 9 WR LaShaun Ward Released

May 9 DE Sean Guthrie Released

2 LB were released and from the Rookie camp they did pretty well so it may come as a suprise to some ppl.

I did a search and didnt see this.

According to Redskins.com 4 players were released.

Redskins.com

2 LB were released and from the Rookie camp they did pretty well so it may come as a suprise to some ppl.

Surprising, this might indicate McCune has a pretty good shot at making the team now.

Somebody needs to tell JimmiJo.

I'll have to go back and listen to and read the interviews done with McNeil to see what he said about his play during mini camp.

So much for Sykes. That didn't last long. Some LB threads need to be revised.

i remember hearing we keep aboyt 7 LBs. with that said marshall and marcus washington obviously have 2 of those spots. Who are the linebackers targeted to play the weak side, and who the back ups for weak, middle and strong?

McCune Marshall Washington

Rocky Campbell Havner/Simon?

Holdman?

Forgot about Clemons.... hmm I really would like to see Havner and Simon kept.

I guess the list has got to be something like

Washington

Marshall

Rocky

McCune

Clemons

and then....... Campbell is great on SP, Holdman is gone IMO, Simon has been all over that rookie camp, but so has Havner.... HMM interesting. Should be fun to see who emerges out of that group to win the roster spot.:eaglesuck:gaintsuck:dallasuck

McNeil. That is interesting cuz JimmJo was touting him. Makes you wonder what he saw and the coaches didn't.

For him and Sykes to be released (veterens) must say a lot about the new backers they have brought in. Bodes well for Simon and Havner, I guess.

No way hes on the roster come Pre Season..... moss, ARE, lloyd, Patten, Thrash is enough

I fully expect Jacobs to be on this roster through pre-season. The Skins have no reason to cut him before. If one of the previously listed 5 wide outs would go down to injury you would at least still have someone around familar with our system, and that can play special teams. No, I don't expect Taylor to make this team for the regular season, but I don't expect his time here to end until about the first of September just in case.

I fully expect Jacobs to be on this roster through pre-season. The Skins have no reason to cut him before. If one of the previously listed 5 wide outs would go down to injury you would at least still have someone around familar with our system, and that can play special teams. No, I don't expect Taylor to make this team for the regular season, but I don't expect his time here to end until about the first of September just in case.

I understand what you are saying, but there is now a new system (Saunders) for everyone to learn. Plus, Jacobs couldn't play in the system he had two years experience with.:doh: I am surprised that he is still on the roster to be honest. I don't know if he'll make it past the June 1st cuts. We'll see!!!

Well Rocky definitely stays; this is all about a little known conspiracy in which all players on the team will be named Rocky by 2012, at which time the team will be sold to Sylvestor Sallone.

If Holdman, Clemons, Simon and Havner both outplay and outperform Rocky in camp/preseason...you think he'll still stay?

If Holdman, Clemons, Simon and Havner both outplay and outperform Rocky in camp/preseason...you think he'll still stay?

Yup....the coaching staff thought enough of him to invest that much pick wise on him, he is on this team regardless. Remember, even Andre Johnson got to ride the pine for a year before getting the axe.

Well Rocky definitely stays; this is all about a little known conspiracy in which all players on the team will be named Rocky by 2012, at which time the team will be sold to Sylvestor Sallone.

Source?

:whoknows:

Besides, Cartwright will probably be retired by 2012, so I just don't see this happening.

This is real sneaky. No official announcement, just putting these cuts in the "transactions" column. :paranoid:

Oh well, the good news is this probably means the team signed 7 guys from the weekend workout. Three players, plus 4 to replace these 4 cuts. :D

I'm surprised ex-QB Ataveus Cash -- now to be WR -- is still on the team. :whoknows:

Don't get caught up with fan's view or second or third person accounts or practive. Sykes was cut by the Broncos who needed LB help over the last two years, why would anyone think that he would excel and be a starter here. McNeal shined in a rookie camp. He has been here for over a year. He should shine in a rookie camp. He was the only one who knew the plays. McIntosh, Marshall, Washington, Clemons, Simonn, Campbell, McCune, Holdman and Havner fight it out for the last spot. Holdman may not be a starter, may not be overwhelming, but one thing Gregg Williams has proven he can win with guys who don't make mistakes. Stay in your position, know your responsibilities. If McCune or Havner can't do that, they won't make the team.

This is real sneaky. No official announcement, just putting these cuts in the "transactions" column. :paranoid:

Nothing sneaky about it. The releases were announced first by Larry Michael on Redskins.com TV this morning, and again in his daily audio show at 12 noon ET. At that point, they were listed in the transactions column.

The news article about the four releases--and the seven new players added to the roster--was not ready for release until later. The team sent its press release out at about 2 p.m. ET.

Here's the news article: http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=17140

Nothing sneaky about it. The releases were announced first by Larry Michael on Redskins.com TV this morning, and again in his daily audio show at 12 noon ET. At that point, they were listed in the transactions column.

The news article about the four releases--and the seven new players added to the roster--was not ready for release until later. The team sent its press release out at about 2 p.m. ET.

Here's the news article: http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=17140

Flipper, thanks for the clarification.

And amazingly Taylor Jacobs is still on the roster lol

Well, Jacobs isn't making the minimum like those guys, so it probably isn't worth cutting him yet.

Also, you never know when injuries may crop up. This is the reason why there are usually large numbers at each position, so you can evaluate guys and bring them back in when you need them. Like it or not it is always possible that we could use Jacobs at some point if someone gets hurt.

Jason

Archived