Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

computer experts: ntkern

PokerPacker

i'm running on windows ME :shot: and i've been trying to get a fairly old game to run properly on it. its an MSDOS game, and about 15-20 seconds into the game, either it flashes black, and then back to the game, or a series of blue error screens come up. either way, when it comes back the sound does not work. i have the set up on the correct IRQ (otherwise it wouldn't work in the first place)

the error messages (blue screen of death) i get are as follows

ERROR:06:0028:0000000B

NTkern(01) + 0000EECC error OE:0028:C002EFDC

OE:0028:EF6FF000

any help?

Are you sure the error is ERROR:06:0028:0000000B?

And not ERROR:06:0028:0000000C?

just kidding. Actually the main things I can suggest are:

1 - getting a new OS since Windows ME sucks. I think in terms of DOS emulation, though, it's supposed to be better than purely NT-based OSes (NT versions, Win2k)

2 - updating drivers on your hardware (video cards, sound cards, etc)

What's the game? Most likely, there may be sites out there discussing how to deal with possible compatibility issue among the different versions of Windows. Like a few others have said, you may be best off trying to play the game in DOS.

What's the game? Most likely, there may be sites out there discussing how to deal with possible compatibility issue among the different versions of Windows. Like a few others have said, you may be best off trying to play the game in DOS.

i already checked for a way to fix it, but i guess no one else has been dumb enough to try to run it on ME.

Sorry dude, no help here. IF I get the blue screen of death, it's usually a severe driver issue, but it doesn't sound like that's a possibility. And you're absolutely sure you haven't installed any new hardware or software just prior to installing this game?

EDIT: If I get some free time later, I'll try to look up those specific error codes, and post anything that I find out.

Sorry dude, no help here. IF I get the blue screen of death, it's usually a severe driver issue, but it doesn't sound like that's a possibility. And you're absolutely sure you haven't installed any new hardware or software just prior to installing this game?

EDIT: If I get some free time later, I'll try to look up those specific error codes, and post anything that I find out.

i've played around with video cards, but i doubt that has anything to do with it. i installed this game before on another computer, and sound never worked. i read somewhere that NTKERN is a VxD file located in VMM32.

Archived