Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We should draft Devin Joseph (it would help Brunell)

GIBBS LIVES

If we want the running game to work, and to keep pressure off of Brunell then we should draft Devin Joseph with our 53rd pick. Check this guy out. You can google him and see his numbers. He's better then Deuce Lutui because he's a better pulling guard and that is the bread and butter play in our running game with Portis. Joseph would be perfect for us and would go along way in shoring up our razor thin Offensive line. Also, Randy Thomas isn't 100% healthy and he's turning 30 years old soon also. It's time to get some real options on the Offensive line in case of emergencies. And Joseph is an excellent pick for us at # 53. Check him out and tell me what you think.

Could you please provide a link, because the only Devin Joseph I come up with is a CB from ULM.

Pull this, pull that.... we need a Jacoby type player on the OLine.

No. Not really. Because my slant was that I wanted to take pressure off of Brunell by making the running game our main cog in the offense. Even more then it is currently. Because I want Brunell functional and effective in January and beyond.

Oooops, sorry... missed Tazhog's post. It's DAvin Joseph. :doh:

Looks like he'll probably be picked somewhere at the top of the second round.

You can do all you want with the O-Line but if you look at Brunell's history he has only started every game of his team's season twice in the 11 years since he became a full time starter. Seems to me who won't make it through this year unscathed no matter how well the offensive line performs...

I agree about O-Line depth, but is this guy worth a #2....could we trade a #2/3 from next years draft for a #3/4 this year to get him??

Davin Joseph has a first round grade. He's the top Guard in this years draft if he drops to 53 we should take him unless Cromartie,Jennings or DeMeco Ryans fall that far.

Thank you i said that we should get a linemen in the draft and everyone bashed me for it.

After watching Cory Raymer's pathetic attempt at playing G against Seattle after Ray Brown got hurt, it's VERY apparent we need more quality depth along the O-Line. While I'm not totally advocating drafting OL with our pick at #53, I still think we're exposed if a starter goes down. If Gibbs decides it's more of a priority than LB or CB, that's good enough for me.

David Joseph will not be available at #53.

If you want a pulling guard that could likely step in if need be then I would target Fred Matua

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/og/fredmatua.html

He may be available as late as the 4th round depending on whose mock you follow.

Also as far as Tutui goes, he is a very decent pulling guard. He may not be fast, but he is quick, especially for his size.

i go to ou and have gotten to watch plenty of davin .. he really stepped up when we lost guys like jammal brown, vince carter, wes sims etc off the line to graduation. he was a great college player the only question is whether he is undersized to play his style in the nfl ....

Archived