Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quick Video of Cromartie

sabadahabada

I really hope we could get this guy. He was a preseason all american before the injury and would make a great future replacement for Shawn Springs. He's projected by many to be late first / early second round so a trade up would probably be necessary if we were hoping to land him.

I hope there is a way to grab Cromartie. Wherever he lands it'll be a good value pick b/c he is top 10 talent all the way.

That secondary would be one of the strongest secondaries of all-time, with all five having legitimate chances of making the Pro-Bowl.

Its strange... I have been looking around the net at other forums... and nobody mentions Cromartie as a 1st rounder on any of the teams I have viewed... that might just be to our advantage, mabybe we can actually get away with getting him early 2nd instead of mid to late 1st. This is very exciting.... I have been wanting cromartie for a while now.

Its strange... I have been looking around the net at other forums... and nobody mentions Cromartie as a 1st rounder on any of the teams I have viewed... that might just be to our advantage, mabybe we can actually get away with getting him early 2nd instead of mid to late 1st. This is very exciting.... I have been wanting cromartie for a while now.

It is very likely he will fall into the early 2nd round because of his injury and the fact that he has never been a full-time starter. Those are really the only knocks against him... he is as athletic as they come.

Want to fall in love with this guy some more:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/antoniocromartie.html

Cornerback | Junior | Florida St. Antonio Cromartie

Height: 6-2 1/8 | Weight: 208 | 40-Time: 4.41

Strengths:

A tremendous natural athlete...Exceptionally fast for a guy of his dimensions...Has outstanding size with long arms...Has great hands and ball skills...Has a knack for coming away with the big play and interception...Has fluid hips and is a pure cover man...Physical and will support the run...A threat to score every time he gets his hands on the ball...Is also a good return man...Proved to be a game changer during his short career with the Noles and came through with a number of impact plays...Has a ton of upside and hasn't even begun to reach his vast potential.

Weaknesses:

Is coming off of a knee injury...Has only played in 25 total games and has very little starting experience...Very raw and his footwork and technique will need development...Needs to be more consistent...Is not a great tackler...Aggressive and will take too many risks at times...A project who has a high risk factor and his selection will be made mostly based on promise rather than actual production.

Notes:

Tore the ACL in his left knee in July and missed the entire 2005 season...Was a member of the FSU track team that won the ACC Championship in 2004...If his knee checks out okay in exams and he works out like he is capable of there is no reason why this guys stock won't soar leading up to the draft...A rare prospect who might have been a Top 5 overall pick in 2007 had he gone back to school.

Springs, Rogers, Wright, Cromartie, Archuleta, and Taylor. That right there would be the most imposing and physical secondary in the NFL...

A big secondary like that would give Wr's the blues b/c all of them have speed but Wright, and all are at least 200 lbs...

A big secondary like that would give Wr's the blues b/c all of them have speed but Wright, and all are at least 200 lbs...

They are all known for being extremely strong and physical as well... heck Springs and Rogers are probably the least physically imposing but they will still smack around pretty much any WR in the league.

If we draft Cromartie, who's going to sit?

I don't think Shawn Springs will be retiring in at least 2 years, just seems like a tricky situation.

Not at all with only 25 career starts Cro will come in and compete with Wright for nickel back duties. More realistically Cro will compete with Jimoh for dime back duties his rookie year. Cromartie is a project at this point and is only going to start if we have a rash of injuries to the CB spot.

Drafting Cro is based strictly on potential and he has the most of any CB entering the draft. If he doesn't tear his ACL were not even talking about him, as Cro would've been a lock top 10 pick this year.

In two or three years, probably two, Springs would go to nickel and Cro would, or should, be ready to step into the starters role opposite Carlos.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

if you noticed with carlos, he did not come in and start right away. they kept starting walt harris, even when carlos was healthy. i think playing nickel back and covering #3 receivers help get CBs adjusted to the pro game. carlos is ready to be a big time CB in this league, and i think cromartie will eventually too, but with shawn and carlos, he is going to have to settle for the nickel spot in his first year

Seems like a big boom/bust pick for us in a lot of ways, especially if we have to move way up to get him. Still, he could definitely be something great if given the chance. I'd be very excited if we picked him, nervous, but excited.

Archived