Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can Brunell last the whole year?

l!ghtbringr

I think we all seriously doubt Brunells ability to go through a season uninjured. He has yet to do it in a Redskins uniform, and has been horribly innefective after such injury. That being said, I think Campbell will be in a situation where he doesnt have to do a whole lot(as with Brunell) so it will make things easier.

If the O-line protects him, he will be fine. Also, if he doesn't try to be a scrambler would help. He only ran for 111 yds last season, and I hope he keeps the numbers down like that again. If he does get hurt, I think Campbell will be ready to take over. I just feel that his veteran leadership is needed right now. He has been the Conf. Champ game before. I think he can get the Skins there this year

Yes he can. It's a bit of a reach to expect it though. My main concern with Brunell's health actually lies with the O-Line's health. Our depth seems a little short and without a guy like Ray Brown around I think that the pocket may get a little explosive if we lose a starter. That said, if the O-line stays healthy I don't think that you'll see Brunell as exposed as he has been at times the last two years. But remember Carson Palmer in the playoffs vs. Pittsburgh last year. These are big men playing at accelerated speeds and anything can happen at any time.

I agree with the general consensus around here I think if he stays healthy he will be throwing darts like he did in the first half of last year. After his injury and teams bracketing Moss coach Gibbs and Co. decided to stick with the running game which got us into the playoffs. Those last five games of the season were pure smashmouth football...

Brunell proved last year that he isn't done yet.

That said, he can't last the whole year unless the rest of the team plays their part. Oline has to block and receivers have to get open in time for him to get the ball away. I like Brunell, and I like our chances with him at the helm, but ANY qb in the NFL can get hurt.

He got that knee injury in the Giants game. The Arizona and Oakland games were before that game.

Funny you should mention those games. Your hero Ramsey looked like that on a regular basis yet you bust Brunell for playing like that?

You just sound like a broken record at this point.

Come on man, you have to eventually give up your fight becuase there is nothing more to swing at.

Are you even able to admit that Brunell played at a Pro Bowl level last year?

Hey, the Jets are looking for fans:laugh:

Guest santana4prez

Yes he can , Bru will be a Pro Bowler this season in my opinion.

Their is a new Brunell thread everyday and it is getting old. Search and keep all the Brunell talk on 1 thread.:doh:

Guest santana4prez
He got that knee injury in the Giants game. The Arizona and Oakland games were before that game.

The Patten injury had alot to do with it , check the numbers after Patten got hurt. He wasnt great but he gave us speed and a threat that teams had to look out for which helped Moss out on the other end. Patten was starting to get on a groove before he got hurt which in turn hurt Brus stats.

Blame Taylor Jacobs.:applause:

Archived